Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series 2011

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series 2011

Postby DJD » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi All,
here are the dates and the venues for this years 5 race series. I have doubts that the first one will be at Lussa for the start of our meetings,which could be a shame, for the surface of the route is still dodgy in places, each month I will review the situation up to when I decide it will have to plan B (don't ask what plan B is just yet).

5 Race Series

17th May Loch Lussa (due to the best race in Scotland) the MoK

28th June Barr Glen

26th July Runner's Choice (Machcrihanish, Tomaig, Davaar).

30th Aug West Port Beach

27th Sept Campbeltown

Hope this helps as to be put on your calendar to either run them or avoid them (lol) over the holiday period. Any questions or thoughts, feel free to ask.

Suzy and myself are doing the same rolls as last year and anyone else who would like to get involved over the 6 mths to help out.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series 2011

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 am

DJD wrote:Hi All,
Suzy and myself are doing the same rolls as last year and anyone else who would like to get involved over the 6 mths to help out.

cheese? cheese and ham? beef and pickle? sounds great. Maybe some of the others who might get involved can come up with some other fillings!
Though, I must say, I never noticed the rolls last year. :wink: :)
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Nice one.(lol)

I dare say you missed out on them as you kept getting lost, l hope you are not playing the same Role, pretending to be a Path Finder,l am sure l will find someone to fill in for you.

Roll on May. (lol)
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm

great, I hope to be there for all the races this year again....bones and muscles are creaking a bit nowadays but, all being well, I'll be there.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:06 pm

It looks like that Lussa could be out this year. I was up there this morning and the surface of the route has hardly improved and I do not think it will over the course of the next 3 months.( it might)

Plan B will be (if the route nas not improved) that we start off the series by running the Campbeltown route,which is not a bad thing really.

This will leave the last race with a twist in the making and of course add to the fun of the series and hopefully a good finale.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Jeez Oh

and there was me saving my best 'til last.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 pm

I have decided and have always been thinking about it this year.

The age points are being scrapped from the Handicap Series

The reason being I feel and know that the age points now will have a greater impact on the end results, so now it is time to move forward. This along side an up to date handicap,which the whole concept is based on regardless of age ,weight or what ever, will put everyone on a more even par than before.

Thanks.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 am

Hey Donald - re change of rules :(

I was looking forward to that extra point, lol

well what can I say ! here's to the challenge of "an even par" !
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Aye Jackie, I did not want the youngster's raising their eyebrows this year at us competitive old un's and thinking we had a tiny wee advantage for this year.(lol)(not that anyone had)

I just have to keep pace with everyone, for over the years everyone's ability has moved up a notch and the handicapping system brings everyone that step closer to each other and the age points had to go.

So,knowing the likes of yourself and Jocelyn and others alike you will realish the challenge,as you have already stated.

We are already looking forward to a good series this year,and if is like anything near what we have had from the last two years,then we will have a good series.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Toying with the idea of bringing Pennigowan into the frame for the first run of the series which l think will benefit every runner leading up to the Mok as part of getting race fit for the event.

Also l do not need anyones times as l have most of them from over the years,l will only need times for anyone that has not run in this event before and l will nearer the time, set something up or they can come along to the time trial in April and take their time from that run.

So the first date for the event is still the 17th May,one for the diary or NOT (lol)
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Just to confirm, that anyone that has not managed to get a race time for this years handicap series is welcome to come to the time trial on Thursday and clock a time that night.

There is one slight change to the start which l will explain at a later date.

Once the KWR is out of the way and I have informed all concerned, then l will post the final details etc on here as regards to the first race in May.

Amazing how a year goes by

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue May 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi All,

Here are the details of the first of race of the WTR 5 Race Series.

Date Tuesday 17th May

Time 1900hrs

Distance 3 mile

Venue Pennygown

Terrain Forest Track

With a week to go to the start of the first race, anyone that has entered before can they pm me or Suzy Ferguson (Carmen)please, or at least confirm on here that they intend to run again this year.(it saves working out none runners times,thanks)

To anyone that has not entered before, can they also do the same and we will allocate you a number and answer any questions you may have.

We hopefully have the route up on the CRC web sight before the race,but if anyone wants to see the route sooner, pm me with your email address and we will send it over.

All are very welcome to enter, even if you find it is not your cup of tea on the first one, at least you know you gave it a go.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Donald,

Put me down for another bash at this god forsaken series :D

Hopefully I will be running at some point this season

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Davie P » Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 pm

DJD wrote:Hi All,

Here are the details of the first of race of the WTR 5 Race Series.

Date Tuesday 17th May

Time 1900hrs

Distance 3 mile

Venue Pennygown

Terrain Forest Track

With a week to go to the start of the first race, anyone that has entered before can they pm me or Suzy Ferguson (Carmen)please, or at least confirm on here that they intend to run again this year.(it saves working out none runners times,thanks)

To anyone that has not entered before, can they also do the same and we will allocate you a number and answer any questions you may have.

We hopefully have the route up on the CRC web sight before the race,but if anyone wants to see the route sooner, pm me with your email address and we will send it over.

All are very welcome to enter, even if you find it is not your cup of tea on the first one, at least you know you gave it a go.

Thanks

Donald

I'm up for a go of this again so please put my name down.

With regards the route, NJ forwarded me the link from yourself so I have posted this here. Hope that is okay?

Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Thu May 12, 2011 8:51 pm

As I have said in a earlier post the start is slightly different this year by having a 15 minute max handicap. This will allow anyone who has not given me a time or registered for the handicap to work with, to just turn up and run. Although they will not score in that race, it will however give us a time to work with for the next race. Secondly anyone that has registered and their handicap is over the 15 min mark will set of together and the difference will be taken off on the end result.

So feel free to turn up and run anytime in the handicaps.

Thanks to all so far that have informed Suzy or myself that they intend to run,we still expect more to register sometime soon.

Cheers
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat