Campbeltown Running Club - Base Group

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club - Base Group

Postby DJD » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:47 pm

No doubt some of you have compared your results last night to the one taken on the 9th August, and yes the proof was in the pudding.I will have the full results for next Tue or Thurs. So well done on your progress up to now,it is all your own effort and motivation that has helped you improve and may it continue.

Next month we will do a couple of sessions geared towards the Tin 5 and the 10k in Nov. Have got a few up my sleeve,tough sessions that is, and a couple of fun(well sort of)one's in mind.So in between now and them,keep up the good running, and up your mileage a little, on your long one's at the weekend.(if have have not done so already).
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Good hill session tonight, very well controlled running from all, which will bring us on to Thursday to have another pace session and not miss it due to over loading in such a short time, hence, strength will come to thos that are not destroyed and live to fight another day.

You are doing great by your own motivation to improve,well done.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 am

Cut back week coming up for the base group runners,so if you have missed a few sessions, this is a good week to get back on track.

Good to see some are really getting to understand the jargon of running, so they can maximise the sessions to the full and not run blind and get only a certain percentage out of each session.

Well impressed with the attitude and hunger to improve,like I will always say,it comes from within and not from any person.

"Self importance is no importance" we are there to guide, full stop.

Well done to the girls that were out this morning.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Button4 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 pm

I'll be back on Tuesday night missed a few weeks because i've been abit busy :)
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Katfer » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks to the Base Group, I am starting to gain back some stamina, managed 8 miles this morning with only one stop!
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 am

The 3 mile time trial is on the Tuesday 22nd of Nov for thos that are wanting to run it, it is open to anyone that would like to gauge how their training is coming along. Also it is for us to have the information to adjust the sessions if need be for the weeks ahead.

From what I have seen and witnessed most of the base group runners, will have to have their training times moved slightly to accommodate for themselves in becoming a stronger runner over the last few months.So well done on that point.

Just a reminder to the base group, not to put 2 back to back hard runs together for a number of reasons, which you all now know why.

Nice club run Thursday night.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Just a wee reminder that the time trial is on the 22nd Nov on a flat course for anyone,can you let me know if you are up for it either on here or at the club nights, It's open to anyone as l have said previously in the post above.

We are starting a new base group on the 29th Nov for anyone that wants to keep up their running over the next couple of months or so. It will be structured to each individual on how to make the most out of a training night practically.

It will cost you nothing,just your time and enthusiasm.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Button4 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I'll be there Donald :)
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 am

Due to the hit and miss of people being able to attend most of Decembers sessions,due to commitments over this period, we will mostly concentrate to low intensity running. Now that most of the base group have their up to date predicted time's, we will begin working on them come January.

So in the mean time I would advise people to keep up the mileage until then. ( it will do you more good than harm)

If there is anyone who missed out on the time trial the other week and would like to hit a target come the spring, then just let me know and I will glady put one together for you.

Not there on the 13th Dec and I also think I will miss another somewhere along the line, so NJ will probably take you if he is available.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiopat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Will running club be on tonight wasnt sure because of the wind again!!
fiopat
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi Fiopat,

cancelled tonight. We thought it would be too much of a risk. If in any doubt, you should always check the CRC website. on the calendar section. That was updated mid afternoon. You can find it here

http://campbeltownrunningclub.com/webcalendar/month.php

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 pm

A few of us braved (stupidly) went out and managed the 12 x 1 mins on hills, wasn't too bad as quite sheltered on the hill. Hopefully weather will improve for later in the week!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Due to continued requests, Campbeltown Running Club will be offering a ‘base group’ again for the next 3 weeks from Tuesday 4th December – Thursday 20th December. This could be for A - any runner that just wants to run, B - runners who are thinking about joining, C - new members who want a base to work off before joining the training sessions, D - members who have or just about to enter a race taper etc, E - members who have just come back from injury, or F - for all that just want an easy run that night.

The base group will meet at Aqualibrium reception at the club’s normal times of 6.30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

All welcome, no need to come to all, even just drop in to whatever night suits you.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat