Campbeltown Running Club - Base Group

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club - Base Group

Postby fja » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Going to give the base group a go DJD. Really enjoyed the Chiskan Water race, given me a taste for a bit more speed.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:52 am

Good fja, heard Chiskan waters was a good one for speed,it also was also evident in peoples times. I would of liked to have seen that one,for the view of everyone coming back down the home stretch at the end. Ah well,have to wait til next year.

Aye we will work on everything that will see us all improve as a group,that is why I need to do this test run for all, so I can put a program together for all us to work on. See you Tuesday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:38 am

Well done to all last night, the turnout was very good,and the test went well due to 2 factors. One was the fact that Suzy asked to help out and on this occassion and it was a blessing in disguise, because without her help,it would have not gone so smmothly. I think I would off been caught out due to the numbers.So many thanks to you Suzy and your recording on what is needed is second to none.

The other factor was the effort from you all and the enthusiasm you went about completing it. Now that we have the results, we can all work together as a group to have a challenge over the next six weeks before the 2nd test to see how much one has improved. On saying that it will only come with your effort and the want to turn on the training nights.

From all corners of the club you will receive encouragement, knowledge,tips etc, but most all comarderie and the urge to see you hit your goals

Thursday is Fartlek, it is the quickest way to get fit and it certaily will work the lungs for the start off our build up.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:59 am

Another good turnout last night,which is great to see. You are certainly determinded to improve, especially the one's, new to running with the club.

Very wise decision from a few runners to peel off, when they thought that was enough for them for this session. I say to you, keep doing that at every session,until you feel you are capable off sustaining and completing a full nights training.

We as a group are going to do an intro to a pyramid session come Tuesday, everyone is capable of doing all or some of it, but feel free to opt out and just run slightly faster than your comfort zone,we will then recover back to you, and hopfully all cool down as a group at the end.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Button4 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Tuesday and Thursday night was good but hopefully i'll get faster and be able to keep up with ye's. Looking forward to Tuesday night :)
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 am

Now that the numbers for the base group is settling down , we are starting to put September's program together, which will gear you towards the winter training ahead. Just to give you an insight, to what you will be doing, we aim to do,

1. A time trial.
2. Emphasis on run and recovery
3. Strength endurance
4 The odd interval training session (speed)?
5 2nd Cooper test.( everyone should have improved)

Really we are looking to have a good winters training,so come Spring you should be looking to hit your goal when and what ever you have set yourself.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:54 pm

I'd like to echo DJDs comments. It's great to see so many new runners at the club. Thank you all for coming along. The enthusiasm is great and it won't be long before you are all competing with the more experienced runners. Just look at Alasdair on Tuesday!! Handled our session really well, like a true vet.

You are all in safe hands with Donald---he'll see you all OK and I can guarantee that you will all improve, if you stick with him. DJD thanks for helping out with the base group. The feedback I have been getting is fantastic.

Button4---you will get faster. If you have the will, Donald has the way.

Robert
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Button4 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks Robert, i can see a slight difference already but if i can be as fast as me we bro im laughing :)
Button4
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:45 pm

A good training session from all last night,heaps of effort.Confidence is growing amongst you all,by having a go at whatever challenge set in front of you and completing it, some with more ease than others.I can certainly feel last nights training in the legs today.

I have Dougie and Cameron down for the handicap for next Tuesday,hopefully a few more will confirm they fancy having a pop at it. looks like it is going to be held at Westport Beach.

Think about it and let Suzy or myself know.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Would really like to be doing this, (would vote for Westport, btw) and also curious to compare time with the Chiskan one. But it's an Inverness week me for me so will have to miss it, and also the training session on the Thursday. Definately feeling the benefit of the base group - outside of my comfort zone most of the time, but how else do you improve performance?
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Not the greatest number on a turnout for a time trial ,but that is here nor there in what it is all about, but it was an impressive one for all at this stage and so early in your training aims , so well done to you all tonight, gutsy performance was noticed.

Will keep the Cooper test date as it is.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi All

decided not to take the run tonight, due to the weather which will restrict us on what we were going to achieve for tonights session.

Still if ones determined there is nothing stopping you to go for a resistance run around.(lol)

See you Thursday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Read this too late - and anyway you said it was never cancelled. Does this make me a diehard? :D
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Certainly Fja, the question now is did you have a good run tonight?

Anyway, great to know you have taken your level of running up a wee notch in style,and in confidence, now take it and have a good GNR in 2wks time.

Still to donate to you runners some pennies towards your target on hopefully a fantastic weekend come race time. Also it is great that you's are running for another good cause . I hope each and everyone of you's hits the goal you have set yourselves.

Cheers to you on your post race night.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 am

Good tempo run last night,so well done on that aspect. Thursday we are up to do the Cooper test,all well being if the weather is kind enough.

From what l have seen and the effort you runners have put in, all should be pretty pleased with how you have improved and hopefully all your efforts will show come the results.

Proof as they say,"will be in the pudding"
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat