CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

Postby elainemck » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Since it was a flat route last week, on Saturday 9am the plan is to maybe head from the Aqua up to Lussa and back, making it around 12-13 miles. Anyone wanting to less/more mileage just needs to turn when they want.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Thats a good run Elaine for the Sat, and as you have already stated it gives you the option on covering what ever distance one would want to run.

Which brings me onto my Sunday run which if anytaker will be a point to point run from Saddle/Campbeltown and is 14miles and the last leg of the KWR as most of us are aware.If any takers let know so that we can make the arrangement for it,ie time and the cars etc.

Not bothered about pace or the length of time,so don't let that put you off.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby peenkles21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:40 pm

I'll do sunday Donald.

What do you need car wise? I've got mine so we can abandon it somewhere in Saddell!

What is the route like, are trail shoes a go-er on it?
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Road shoe should be fine Scott
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:06 am

I meant to post that I'll not be there tomorrow morning but I'm meeting Johnny McC at 6pm tomorrow (Saturday) night for a Long Slow Run around the town of 7-8 miles if anyone fancies it? (and it is a long slow run as I am there!)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:48 am

Hoping to do Sun

Can I get a lift with you DJD -

Staying on in town - so if it's a very LSR for me - won't hold anyone up - hoping I'll manage to do the correct route this time...
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:09 am

No problem Jackie,you should handle this one quite easy,knowing you did a 16/17miler a couple of weeks back,fair do's to you on that one, up and around Lussa and back to Campbeltown.

See You both at the pool for 8 am tomorrow.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:03 am

Think Saturday's route will be up and around Glenbarr including the route of the January burner, meeting at Aqua at 9am as normal.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:26 pm

See you folk tomorrow for the lap around the Burner.

Still running Sunday at 8am.After last weeks poor run I will just be doing the 10mile route around Campbeltown,so I am close to home, if troubled knee plays up. Unlike last week, I had to be picked up by the slow bus (lol).
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Sorry didn't make the Glenbarr trip. Opted to do my LSR down to Southend clocking up my first ever 13 miles, well chuffed :D....and really enjoyed it. :D Hope your LSR's went well too.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Well done katfer! You are fair clocking up the miles. You would've enjoyed glenbarr too, DJD has a great cross country course in store for us for the January burner - but definitely don't wear new trainers, or clothes for that matter lol as be prepared sid some mud! All good fun.

We then added on some miles at barrglen back on solid ground. A few of us even sampled the delights of the tearoom afterwards - yum :-)
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:17 am

Still meeting at 9am Sat if anyone fancies a long run despite the burner on the Sun.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Hoping that the weather will be kinder for us tomorrow morning... Maybe a route up ballochgair, open to suggestions! Down to do about 15 miles so could maybe do an out and back route and anyone can turn when they wish. Will take the car to aqua at 9am anyway in case we choose to go somewhere.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 am

Sorry folks,

wasn't here today.Other priorities. Hope you stalwarts still went. Will be there next week. What about the road to suthen. Not many do that but it's a good one

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Enjoyed my 13 miles yesterday out to Sound of Kintyre and back with the gang. Thanks to Stuart and Ralphy for keeping me going on the way back in :D

Rab, I agree, the Suthen road is a great route to run, but sometimes a bit busy. Maybe now that the mornings are lighter, we could do a LSR to Suthen at 8am when the roads are quieter, if anyone fancies it.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat