CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

Postby elainemck » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:36 pm

I really enjoy running the Southend road although we're away on Saturday so planning to do a long run Sunday if anyone is running then?
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am

I am out on Sunday at 8am from the Aqua and heading down the Southend road,then cutting across and hopefully being able to complete that route, which Charlie and Kenny has run a few times.Feel free to join me for what ever distance, as one can do part off there and back route or carry on to towards Southend,if not see you all Tuesday.

Have a good run all that are running Saturday and Sunday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby KC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Great route choice DJD. It is a wee bit muddy to start with, where they have been working lately. After that it is fine....apart from the constant hills that is!
KC
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Katfer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Wont make the 9am LSR tomorrow but am planning to head out about 10ish.

Thinking about Peninver road and back, aiming to do 14 miles.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks for the reminder KC,l know its just over 1600ft of ascent/descent,that is why l said I will try and complete it.(lol)

Katie l have answered your question on the clubs forum.

Have a good run tomorrow,you are certainly out to nail this half that we are all doing. I will try and keep up with you.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:18 pm

What stunning morning to be out running! Just under 11 miles down the lear side road to just before the Second Waters and back.

Great effort by everyone and thanks to JR for keeping me going. The hill at the sheep fanks is a killer mind you - 1.1 mile incline! Nice when you get up there and wished I had the camera. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Yip was a beautiful morning to be oot and aboot.

Did the Peninver road to Ballochgair forestry road and back which gave me my 14 miles, well had run around abit in the town at the finish to make up to 14. Donald, you'd be proud of me, I didn't stop on the hills once, but was nearly on my hands and knees at the finish but loved this route.

I see we all had hills on our agendas this morning, the learside certainly is a killer.

Hope you enjoy your run tomorrow Donald.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Well,the Pennigowan (spelling might be wrong) route is a tough one,but a must do run too.The view is stunning along forest track part and the surface is just lovely to run on. I had to see what it was like around a corner up there so l ended up doing 21 and a bit and paid badly towards the end of the run for it.(over now).

A very good route Kenny and no doubt l will venture that way again,and yes definately a handicap 5k route could be had,so l look forward to adding Southend to the list next year.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby weetoonplodder » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:12 am

Well done everybody that went running down the Learside on Saturday morning, it really was a great day for a run and was the perfect route for getting in a good hard run, ideal for anyone thats gonna be doing a half marathon this year.

The long climb up from the sheep fanks to the crest of the hill just before Auchenhoan at 1.1miles is relentless from start to finish and definately not for the faint hearted, everyone dug in from the start of the climb until the end and all did it without stopping which was very impressive considering the majority had never ran the full length of the hill before, 11 out of 10 for effort guys. On yesterdays efforts I would happily predict that everybody there will turn in some good times for a half marathon this year.

I believe that Neil, David and Josceylne will run a good sub 1hr 45mins if they keep this sort of training up while I believe that Ralph and Johnny are quite capable of getting under 1hr 40mins if they continue to train at this level. Robert, im sure you will be closer to running 1hr 30mins by the time the MOK comes around.

The Saturday/Sunday runs over the next few weeks and the Balloch half marathon will be a good benchmark for the rest of the season, the hard work starts here, get out there and get those miles under ur belt
weetoonplodder
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby peenkles21 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:58 am

Nihao!!

Loved reading all the training that's been going on back home, everyone sounds like they are putting in a good effort at training!!

Not sure that it qualifies as a LSR but I managed my first run since being away, 8 miles round tian'an men square and the forbidden city and back to the hostel, great sights to take in on the run, absolutely loved it, however it isn't the fresh kintyre air that I have been raised on and started to feel the tiredness at the end. Failing that it could be the diet of booze and noodles that's starting to take it's toll!

Anyway, keep up the training and the postings!!

Scott
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 am

Nice one Scott,keep your running reports up too as l am sure everyone will want to hear all about the places you will have the opportunity to experience.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:35 pm

The weather looks better for the Sunday run. I will be starting from the usual venue at 8 am and doing a flat run around the not so picturesque route which make the run become more metal than "wow I really enjoyed that one". Just don't fancy doing another hilly one after last weeks poor effort from me.

Yes it is the Moss road route,if anyone fancies running Sunday,if not see you Tuesday.

Have a good run you lot on Saturday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 pm

I know many won't be running on Saturday due to the Feb Frenzy on Sunday but I need to try and get an 18 miler out of the way, argh! Thinking of running as normal from aqua at 9am maybe around the town and then down to Southend (maybe around dalsmirren rd at one point) finishing up at Southend Tea Room for some breakfast if anyone fancies joining me for a few miles!? :D

If not see you all on Sunday at lussa!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Emma was saying tonight that she was wondering if anyone was running Saturday,so get in touch with her for some company.

Have a good run Saturday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:29 am

Decided to have this week as my cut back week, so am going to do 8 miles today and then do the run on Sunday.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat