CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

Postby DJD » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Trying my first SOS run this Sunday to determine how unfit I am. Out to Penniver and back is the route, if you care to join me,some can do more if they so wish ,but that will be enough for me for starters.

Hopefully this is the start of the Sunday runs,so once again you now have a choice either Sat/Sun to run with the club on what day suits you if you fancy the timings.

It's 8am at the Aqualibrium, see there, if not have a good weekend and a good run Saturday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi DJD might just join you on Sunday even just for a few miles. Still planning on doing LSR on Sat at ballochgair but going at 8am from Aqua if anyone fancies it so to be back in time for MOKRUN AGM.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby JamieG » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey Donald, I'll be there....will just take me a wee half hour to waken up.

Cheers

Jamie
JamieG
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby elainemck » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:15 pm

After an uneasy start today (wasn't feeling too well) after about a 3 mile incline into the forrestry I was feeling brand new again and I'm with iceblue on Ballochgair being one of my favourite albeit challenging routes, ended up doing 12 miles and back in time for AGM (honest!)

Think I might head to spin instead tomorrow though if the weather stays like this!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby JamieG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 am

Great morning this morning, although I did sleep in. Managed to catch the troops at Smerby Mill. Ended up just over 8.5miles. Hmmm think the Balloch Half might be on the cards now. Phhhssssssttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!

Good wee turn-out for a early Sunday morning rise.

9 next week - I thinks so!

J
Available for Partys Weddings and Bar Mitzvahs
JamieG
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 pm

You'll enjoy the Balloch Jamie, never heard a bad word about it. Anyway I am up for the Moss road this week, as i have mentioned before not the most exciting route, but a wee tester mentally all the same.

So it's the norm for me 8am Sunday at the Aqualibrium (with the dull interior) lol, so feel free to join in and peel off or go futher as it suits, everyone's welcome.

Have a good run you Saturday folk.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Have a good run all that are doing the Bellahouston 10K this Saturday.

I was going to do my first 10 miler off road this Sunday, but due to having a relapes on the Tuesday run, I will do it around the route Charlie and myself used to do (when l could keep up with him)lol, that being in Campbeltown.The reason being if the wheels come off, l have not got far to crawl back to the car.

Due to it being Remembrance Day, I will be heading of at 7:45am from the usual place (Aqua) if you care to join in,if not see you all Tuesday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Good for you DJD, good to see your knocking up the miles again.

Couldnt manage CRC training this week but have been pottering about on my tod and hopefully beginning to see a slight improvement.

Jennifer & I are heading out tomorrow morning at 8am at Aqualibrium if anyone fancies 10-11miles, thinking Southend road.

Good luck everyone this weekend at Bellahouston.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 am

Failed miserably last week,only managed 6mile (woose),hoping to do 10 this Sunday.Not the most exciting route, but a fail proof one if l can't make the 10mile again, also a good peel of place.

Out to Stewarton/Chiskan waters/Stewarton (back into Campbeltown just under 7m) Meadows/Lime Craigs /Kilkerran/around the Aqua,finish opposite Tesco. 10 mile.

Off at 8am Sunday at the Aqualibrium,see you there if not see you all Tuesday.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:18 pm

11 miles completed this morning....feeling as though I'm getting somewhere now. Apart from the wind in my face on bits of it, it was a very pleasureable run.

Good luck on your LSR tomorrow DJD.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:00 am

With so much positivity being had (lol), I'll have to add to it,Sundays route is just the reverse of last weeks which went pretty well for me, which is a slight change to the norm.

It still being the 10m mark, same time same place.

Katfer enjoy your Saturday run, good to see you are on the way up again and to the rest enjoy your run aswell, especially the bash on the night time.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Am thinking about starting my LSR from Auchencorvie tomorrow, running down the Southend road, branching right onto single track road at war memorial and back to Auchencorvie via Dalsmeran road. Should give me 12 miles. Heading off at 8am if anyone fancies it.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Might come Katie as route sounds good for a change and planned to do 12 although not sure if I can make 8, maybe see you in the morning.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Go on Elaine, you know you want to. We can meet at Stewarton just b4 8am rather than taking all cars to Auchencorvie.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:58 pm

OK I am tempted, will try to make it, aim to be at Stewarton just before 8, not sure where Auchenchorvie is but I presume it's down Southend way! :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat