CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

Postby DJD » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Now that we are coming to the end of the handicap series and moving into autumn and we will soon to be starting our winters training ready for an spring event, and also the long term goal for the Mok for some of us.Now is the time to set this thread up in anticipation for the above.

Hopefully it will enable and encourage all to start to read and see the benefits of why we do the LSD/LSR as a club run and of course its is there for you to think about joining in on the Saturday.( as this day will be probably the most convenient day and start time for people).

This being on the main forum will promote the runs in a better light and be more accessible for all and even help the odd lonesome runner(like myself lol) to stay motivated over the winter period and also even get you to join the club if you want to progress in you running aims and achievements.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: CRC LSD/LSR Training Sat-Sun

Postby DJD » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:26 pm

l would like to come out with the clubs run on Saturday,but l have to go out Sunday and murder myself a little further, with the company of the buzzards.(joys of spring eh!!)

Have a good run you lot.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby skernish longrow » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Saturday morning run is Killean to the windmills. Leaving town at 8.50am sharp from Aqua approx 9-13 miles :?
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 am

Any idea what you guys are doing for your LSR run on Saturday as l might join you for some of it?
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:55 am

DJD

heading down to Southend-----bit of the Learside and a bit off road on Forestry track. 4th Gen is showing us the route. Anything from 9 to 12 miles I believe

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks Rab,l take it that the meet is at 8:50 at the pool area?
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Yes meeting just before 9 at Aqua then pooling cars down to Polliwillne where 4th gen will show us the way, should be a good one. Hopefully a bit easier on the legs than last week's 12 miler uphill into the wind :x :x
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Yep, should be good. It will be a wee bit wet and rough underfoot for a couple of hundred yards, and we have to run through a whin :shock: but it is a multi terrain, up and doon, in and oot the trees, very pleasant run....with near a mile straight down hill to finish off...gets the legs used to moving fast!
Anybody that wants an extra few miles can then set out towards Southend and back but I think the 9+ on the hilly Leerside will be enough!

And it will keep me from bevvying with my 3 visiting mates from Glasgow, Newcastle and Perth tonight :roll: a wee bonus that!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:36 am

Ok, the holiday is over :( Went out on my tod yesterday morning and accidentally managed to clock up 11 miles, most done so far and felt remarkably fresh afterwards. :D :D Met Jocelyn when I was plodding along and have to admit I did stop to shoot the breeze with her. The Marathon girls are now on their taper weeks so if I don't see any of you before, good luck and I'm sure you will all do really well and the training will pay off.

Hope everyone who joined in for CRC's LSR had a good run, maybe one of these Saturday's I'll make it.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Anyone got the route for tomorrow as l am thinking off joining you.Must admit l really enjoyed the run last week at 4th gen area,one of the most testing 8 miles l have encountered for a long time and a route l would have a pop at again.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:58 pm

DJD

a kind of figure 8. Down the Southend road to Knocknaha cut across onto Chiskan, when we get back to the Drumlemble straight cut left to Machrihanish out to Drumlemble school then do the loop round the Bruntland, Bruntlin, Bruntlen, Butlins or whatever it's called and back to town.
Anyone fancying a wee bit less mileage can do the first loop. All welcome.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 am

Nice to hear that the lsr is starting to be included in some runners weekly runs over the last few weeks or more and their progress is so noticable and the fact is, the want to improve is terrific and more important, it is in the right direction for themselves to be able to say, "aye l will have a bash at that,co's l know it within me",also it part of every distance run.

So well done to the ones that have, and we would like to see more on the Saturday running with a great bunch of runners that will see you through the miles or will help you to start the process.(lots of advice available from all).

Running is not rocket science, and a helping hand is free.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Sorry can't do tomorrow,but nice to know whats on,just incase things change.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Nor me DJD. Other commitments tomorrow But will probably do a run around midday Sunday if anyone interested.

Where is the morning run tomorrow?
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:52 pm

I'll be there tomorrow at 9. Not sure what plans are where to go, open to suggestions.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat