Springbank opens new Whisky Shop (with photos)

The concept of this forum is to help promote local businesses in Kintyre for FREE. This development is currently in BETA stage so please bear with us while it is developed!

Springbank opens new Whisky Shop (with photos)

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:09 am

Local distillers have opened their new Cadenhead's Whisky Shop in Reform Square following a total refurbishment which sees the whisky shop move from Bolgam Street round the corner to junction of Cross Street, Longrown and Longrow South. The sandwich and food outlet has now moved next door and is now called Auntie Mo's Kitchen (seen on the left of the images below) with Campbeltown Pottery now moving to Bolgam Street.

The new shop also features a new distillery museum style tasting room that connects the original stylish Tasting Room in Bolgam Street (see pictures below). Anyone who now attends one of the Tasting Rooms distillery tours will now be led to Bolgam Street where they will enjoy a tasting before moving on to the new shop. More information on Springbank can be found at their website - http://www.springbankwhisky.com/index.php

"The Tasting Room" DISTILLERY TOURS

Standard Tours

Standard Springbank Distillery Tour - £6 per person. Includes a taste of one of our CV range and a visitors miniature which is a very collectable item.
Dashed Line

Springbank/Glengyle

Tour both Springbank and Glengyle Distilleries ending with a taste of one of our CV range, and a miniature to add to your collection - £10.00 per person.

Springbank/Glengyle/Tasting

Tour both Springbank and Glengyle Distilleries, returning to the Tasting Room for a dram of Springbank, Longrow, Hazelburn & Kilkerran Work in Progress, with a visitors miniature to remind you of your experience - £15.00 per person.
Dashed Line

Campbeltown Malts

Tour both Springbank and Glengyle Distilleries, returning to the Tasting Room to relax while you are guided through 6 of our finest malts, and of course receive your visitor miniature. - £20.00 per person.
Dashed Line

Tasting

Taste of four whiskies - without tour £5 per person - times arranged to suit you.
Dashed Line

Private Tours

Private tours and tastings can be tailor made to suit your group. You can include lunch before your tour/taste or include dinner after your tour/taste. Contact us to discuss your unique whisky experience.
Dashed Line

Enjoy a lunch of locally produced seasonal fare - prices on request.

Please note - You should book a day in advance if possible by contacting 01586 551710 option 1 or 01586 552009. Tours are Monday to Friday - 10.00am & 2.00pm and also held on Saturday and Sundays over the summer.

Last edited by Kintyre Forum News on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Springbank opens new Whisky Shop (with photos)

Postby ultraviolet » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Great article and looks great. Had a look in today and looks very nice. Well done to all involved. 8)
ultraviolet
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Third photo down,barrels.Must be potent stuff.There is a first aid kit for when you fall over! :lol:
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:33 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Third photo down,barrels.Must be potent stuff.There is a first aid kit for when you fall over! :lol:

Have you been sampling the stuff yourself? It's the fifth photo down! :roll: :lol:
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:46 pm

That all looks top class,inside and out.Sure to pull the tourists in.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby mrn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:11 am

Wow! Looks absolutely fantastic! Well done to all those involved. Been on the tour recently and is brilliant. We have done a few over the years and though we may be biast we think Springbank's tour is the best and most interesting. This looks to add to the whole experience so will need to try again. 8) Not sure I can afford that bottle pictured mind you!! :D
mrn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby glassblower » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Looks brilliant, will be paying that a visit in a couple of weeks.
glassblower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby russanros » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 am

Looks excellent, just waiting for a day off! :mrgreen:

Pretty convinced that the benefits of a more prominent position and more attractive shop front should reap rewards.
Good luck.
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Nice to see work completed at the Bolgam Street too which now sees the former Whisky Shop being used as a store (with a nice new map!) and nicely painted along with the Campbeltown Pottery Shop.

If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby lochend » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:18 pm

I am sure that the last time I visited the wee toon in 1980 that particular shop used to sell Springbank whisky and was in fact owned by the distillers .I Believe it was a sort of whisky shop come delicatessan.Would love to be reminded of the name,it has only recently slipped from my memory.I remember my father returning from a holiday in his home town and excitedly mentioning that the shop was selling commemorative bottles of whisky distilled when his father (my grandfather (Robert McBain) worked at the distillery. I eagerly asked to see the bottle he must have bought and he sheepishly showed me a photograph of the one in the window! Tight git!!!! NB. : :lol: It's just come back to me,I think it was called Eaglesomes!
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Businesses in Kintyre