Podiatrist

The concept of this forum is to help promote local businesses in Kintyre for FREE. This development is currently in BETA stage so please bear with us while it is developed!

Podiatrist

Postby wrighty » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Hey im quite new to campbeltown and a qualified podiatrist and wonder would it be worth my while setting up my own business? Would enough need/ use this service?

Many thank for your advice
wrighty
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Podiatrist

Postby katya » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 am

Hi wrighty,
I think there is a lady who currently does this in the town, however, there used to be someone else many years ago so would imagine there is enough business to go round. Would it be useful to ask at the health centre?
Welcome to the town btw :D
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby kmc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi Wrighty
I can think of 5 at least,
1@ Hospital
2@ Private ( 1@Campbeltown and 1@Carradale )
1@ Was here but comes back to do old customers
1@ Was coming about once a month to a local hotel
Kenny
kmc
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Isa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:24 pm

kmc wrote:Hi Wrighty
I can think of 5 at least,
1@ Hospital
2@ Private ( 1@Campbeltown and 1@Carradale )
1@ Was here but comes back to do old customers
1@ Was coming about once a month to a local hotel

To be more detailed.

The one at the hospital is State registered (or HPC as it is now known) and is always very busy with NHS patients and has all her equipment in a clinic. It is very difficult to get an appointment with her.

The two private visit your home. Doesn't suit everyone. Myself included.

The one that comes back RARELY to see his old customers has relocated and it was not lack of business that caused his move and the one who comes to the Hotel is in a room upstairs so not so handy for the infirm but she appears to be busy enough to come once a month and fill her day

My post is not being critical of any of them and certainly no reflection on their abilities but I just thought I would paint a more detailed picture for you to think about from a business point of view. Would you be taking premises to work in or do you intend to do house visits?
Isa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby sooze23 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:28 pm

I know that the NHS one has a full case load and there are many people who need attention inbetween times they get seen. The policy is not to do nail cutting unless a medical need and there are many people who just need that.

If you pm details I will include you in the KFCC directory, if you want, which I am compiling

Sooze
sooze23
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Businesses in Kintyre