Unemployed and "feeling" old ?

The concept of this forum is to help promote local businesses in Kintyre for FREE. This development is currently in BETA stage so please bear with us while it is developed!

Re: Unemployed and "feeling" old ?

Postby Iain » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:42 am

gray_marian wrote:Well done Iain in your endeavour so far, my late father [Scots Guards] would have appreciated a watch. Know a few salty dogs, would you consider Royal Navy/ Merchant Navy equivalent in the future?

Lol..., thank you for the compliment and your great ideas.
In fact, we will probably be dealing with them next year. But to do so needs additional licenses and the MoD are making them hard to come by ! We'd also have legal competition (Breitling, Citizen etc.) ..., which is not the case with the Army.

Have a nice day..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Iain » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGaJXO1t4hQ

Just had our first TV publicity.
MacArthur..., my Campbeltown family would be proud.

From shoesmith: (McArthur/MacFarlane Tiree origin - High Street) Fishermen: (McArthur-Black and Irsih) Butchers: (McArthur Longrow) to Baker: (Macarthur Longrow) Then to watchmaker. (MacArthur Belgium)
Lol..., a 200-year long haul !

And it's not finished... I have a first of three volumes due out for December. Ambition, to recover 18 Scots Guards Waterloo Medals, confiscated by a dishonest Lt. Col. Macdonnell. I have all the proof !
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bitter End » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Awesome Ian ! - Liked the ' ad ' and book publishing news ( Scots Guards history?) - - - Then - ' The ambition' - will look forward to reading aboot the 'recovery' twists an turns - suspect a bit lik an eel burlin oan a fushin line!
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Iain » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:45 pm

Bitter End wrote:Awesome Ian ! - Liked the ' ad ' and book publishing news ( Scots Guards history?) - - - Then - ' The ambition' - will look forward to reading aboot the 'recovery' twists an turns - suspect a bit lik an eel burlin oan a fushin line!

:wink:
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Businesses in Kintyre