Smith's and/or McDougall's of Campbeltown/Kintyre Area

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Smith's and/or McDougall's of Campbeltown/Kintyre Area

Postby emily6380 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:23 pm

My Great-Grandfather, John McDougall Smith (my Grandmother's father) was from Campbeltown, but left when he was a teenager for Nova Scotia, and eventually made his way to the United States, more specifically the Chicago, Illinois area. His father was a Smith, and his occupation was Blacksmith. His mother was a McDougall, which my Great-Grandfather kept McDougall as a middle name for his twin daughters (My Grandmother and her twin sister). I also know that at least one of his sisters moved to Nova Scotia as well, either before or after, my Great-Grandfather left for Nova Scotia...and she took up residence in Nova Scotia, had a family and also passed away in Nova Scotia. He also enlisted in the United States Military and participated in WWI.

Also, my Grandmother's cousin had visited Campbeltown some years ago and happened to stumble upon a Bed & Breakfast in which she found the owner (I believe) was a relation to our family. This owner knew that my Great-Grandfather had twin girls because he continued to correspond with several people until he passed in the late 1940's or early 1950's.

I would love to hear from anyone that see's this and possibly looks familiar?!?!
emily6380
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy