McInnes family in Campbeltown

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

McInnes family in Campbeltown

Postby alimac » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the McInnes or McInnish family. I have been tracing my McInnes ancestors and got back to an Archibald McInnish or McInnes or MacInnes who was born in 1799, the son of John McInnish/McInnes and Janet McDougall.
There is a record of christenings of Archibald and his siblings from Campbletown Parish Church Records, the earliest being Elizabeth in 1782. There is no record of the marriage of John McInnes and Janet McDougall in Campbeltown and I wonder of they came from elsewhere.
My grandfather told me that one of his Mcinnes ancestors came from Skye to Hamilton where he was born.
I have traced Archibald McInnes to Hamilton in the 1830s so my grandfather could have been wrong about the Skye connection.
Does anyone have information about when the McInnes family came to Campbeltown, where they came from and whether there are many McInnes in Campbeltown now.
Thanks
alimac
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy