McMillans of Drumlemble

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

McMillans of Drumlemble

Postby Reewel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:04 am

I am just beginning to trace my family tree and interested in any information people may have of the Mcmillans of Drumlemble. My gg grandfather was Allan McMillan born in 1855 to Angus McMillan born c1829 and Lizzie McGeachie born c1825. He married Margaret McPhail in 1877 and they had Marion b.1878, Daniel b.1881, Agnes b.1882, Angus b. 1887, Margaret b. 1891 and Edward b. 1895, also Mary and Archie birthdate unknown.

As a piper I am particularly interested in any piping history on the family as I believe they have a strong history. Does anyone know anyway I can find piping history online as I live in Australia.

I know Allan and Margaret and children immigrated to New Zealand around 1910 but I dont know if all the children went as the older ones would have been grown with their own families, I also dont know if any of Allan or Margarets siblings went with them. Maybe there is still some branches of this family still living in the area I would be interested to make contact and compare notes. Any info gratefully received thank you.
Reewel
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McMillans of Drumlemble

Postby EMDEE » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:25 pm

I have sent you a PM.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Kintyre Genealogy