Mustarde Family

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Mustarde Family

Postby KMckenzie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:37 am

Hi,

I'm trying to find any Mustardes who might live in the Argyll region. I've been doing my family history and have found that my great great grandmother was a Mustarde, and that she had 2 brothers, Archibald and William, But i havent been able to find any Mustardes that might still live, or that have recently lived in the Argyll area. I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know of any Mustardes, or people related to Mustardes? Any information or help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Keelan
KMckenzie
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Mustarde Family

Postby jdcarra » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:44 am

KMckenzie wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to find any Mustardes who might live in the Argyll region. I've been doing my family history and have found that my great great grandmother was a Mustarde, and that she had 2 brothers, Archibald and William, But i havent been able to find any Mustardes that might still live, or that have recently lived in the Argyll area. I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know of any Mustardes, or people related to Mustardes? Any information or help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Keelan

I remember that name in Campbeltown Keelan but cannot say at this moment if they are still around.
I will enquire or someone else may get back to you.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby History » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:30 am

Keelan, I knew an Archie Mustard who stayed in Kirk Street. In his day he was a well respected referee and always turned up in the regulation black uniform. He was a slight man but very wiry. He worked in the Argyll hotel in main Street as a general handyman and porter. He had a daughter Ethel and I believe Mary Smith an usher in the Rex cinema was related to him and Willie in some way. http://campbeltownloch.com/photogallery ... oto_id=115

Willie was married to jean and they had a daughter Wilma? I believe she move to Carradale.

Jean and Willie stayed in Castleacres. Willie worked at the Nato jetty here in Campbeltown

Of course I could be completely off track and on the wrong family but maybe some of it will help you out.
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ullean's mum » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 pm

I went to school with wilmas daughter,they emigrated to new zealand and i think wilmas husband was on the carradale goat guestbook a few months ago,jdcarra would know more about this.
ullean's mum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jdcarra » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:26 pm

ullean's mum wrote:I went to school with wilmas daughter,they emigrated to new zealand and i think wilmas husband was on the carradale goat guestbook a few months ago,jdcarra would know more about this.

I knew someone would trigger my mind :wink: .

I was a crewman with Graham aboard his fishing boat the Carra Rose and yes his wife Wilma was a Mustarde, but whether she is related to you Keelan or not.
I have a contact e-mail address of Wilma and Graham.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby arlenemustarde » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 am

I am married to Donald Mustarde. His father was from Campbeltown and was also called Donald. My husbands grandfather was called John Mustarde. He married Ethel Hackett. They had four children my father inlaw Donald, his elder sister RIta who passed away in1974 a younger brother jim and a younger sister Ethel.. I can give you more information if you require it as they are cousins of Mary smith
arlenemustarde
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy