McConnachy family history - Kintyre Peninsula

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Re: McConnachy family history - Kintyre Peninsula

Postby condorjourneys » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:31 am

Hi

I am looking for the ancestors of Mary McConnachy who married Neil McCallum in 1843 in Largs. Despite marriying in Largs borth Neil and Mary were apparently from Kintyre. They moved back to Kintyre soon after the marriage as that is where their first daughter Catherine got born. Both Mary and Neil died at Rhunahoarin in Kintyre.

Following the death certificates, the parents of Mary McConnachy were Donald McConnachy and Mary McConnel and Neil McCallum's parents were John McCallum and ? McQuilkan. Mary McConnachy should have been born around 1817 and Neil McCallum around 1807.

Would appreciate any information on the Mary and Neil or their ancestors as well as descendants

Many thanks beforehand
condorjourneys
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McConnachy family history - Kintyre Peninsula

Postby inveryes » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 am

condorjourneys wrote:Hi

I am looking for the ancestors of Mary McConnachy who married Neil McCallum in 1843 in Largs. Despite marriying in Largs borth Neil and Mary were apparently from Kintyre. They moved back to Kintyre soon after the marriage as that is where their first daughter Catherine got born. Both Mary and Neil died at Rhunahoarin in Kintyre.

Following the death certificates, the parents of Mary McConnachy were Donald McConnachy and Mary McConnel and Neil McCallum's parents were John McCallum and ? McQuilkan. Mary McConnachy should have been born around 1817 and Neil McCallum around 1807.

Would appreciate any information on the Mary and Neil or their ancestors as well as descendants

Many thanks beforehand

Hi

Bit late for a reply I know, but I have a great, great, great, grandfather Neil McCallum who married a Mary McConnechy and they had a daughter Betsy McCallum, born 1845 in Killean.

Betsy married Peter McNab at Rhunaharine, either on 29th May 1872 or 9th May 1873, depending which certificate you believe. They had children, Mary, Margaret, Neil, Catherine, Marion, Sarah, Elizabeth, Alexander and Dugaldine.

Sounds like it might be the same familY

Happy to exchange info if you like.

Regads
inveryes
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Kintyre Genealogy