Drumlemble - Kerr/Mann/ McIntyre -

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Drumlemble - Kerr/Mann/ McIntyre -

Postby mrdmkerr » Wed May 17, 2006 10:14 pm

My name is Duncan McIntyre Kerr - currently in London ( left Scotland 20 years ago)- I've been working on my family tree and -thought this forum might help me to find out if I have any living family in Kintyre or if anyone can help with gaps in my tree!

My Kerr family were mostly coal miners and farm workers @ Drumleman (Drunlemble) area.Furthest back I have got so far is James Kerr...- who was a miner, bn Colhill,Drumleman 1792 - He married Elizabeth O'May , also born Drumleman....His son Alexander Kerr, died aged 24 in 1864 - but it appears he had a son, born just after he died, with Janet Mann. ( born a month after his father ...Alexander Kerr Died ) - Son went on to call himself Alexander Mann Kerr .....( my great grandfather) -

Alexander Mann Kerr married Agnes McIntyre,also from the local area...- the family moved to Bothwell where my Grandfather - Duncan McIntyre Kerr was born in 1907 ....I wondered if any of my family are still in the Drumlemble/ Kintyre area or if anyone has any information/ history on any of the family names mentioned above.

Regards

Duncan M Kerr
mrdmkerr
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Drumlemble - Kerr/Mann/ McIntyre -

Postby Iain » Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 pm

mrdmkerr wrote:My name is Duncan McIntyre Kerr - currently in London ( left Scotland 20 years ago)- I've been working on my family tree and -thought this forum might help me to find out if I have any living family in Kintyre or if anyone can help with gaps in my tree!

My Kerr family were mostly coal miners and farm workers @ Drumleman (Drunlemble) area.Furthest back I have got so far is James Kerr...- who was a miner, bn Colhill,Drumleman 1792 - He married Elizabeth O'May , also born Drumleman....His son Alexander Kerr, died aged 24 in 1864 - but it appears he had a son, born just after he died, with Janet Mann. ( born a month after his father ...Alexander Kerr Died ) - Son went on to call himself Alexander Mann Kerr .....( my great grandfather) -

Alexander Mann Kerr married Agnes McIntyre,also from the local area...- the family moved to Bothwell where my Grandfather - Duncan McIntyre Kerr was born in 1907 ....I wondered if any of my family are still in the Drumlemble/ Kintyre area or if anyone has any information/ history on any of the family names mentioned above.

Regards
Duncan M Kerr

Hi there !

It was in 2006 you posted this..., lol !! Better late than never so-they-say ! You’ll have to forgive me but I was browsing the first posts of this page and found quite a lot of unanswered questions. Nonetheless, so many years later, you’ve probably progressed so much with genealogy, you're surely advanced to the archaeological stage ! :lol:

Anyway, if your James was born on the 12th of July and had Malcolm, Euphemia, John and Donald etc as children and you still need info, please let me know !

..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby mrdmkerr » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Iain

I have moved things a bit further forward since 2006 .... but am still searching :)

My James was born 12th July 1792 ... and the Childrens names you mention are his -ive found 13 kids ..... James Father was Malcolm bn aby 1766 and his Mother Katherine Watson bn @ 1765

Be great to see if you have further info -

Family myth has it that the Kerrs were part of the settlement to Northern Ireland orig from the Scottish Borders region ... and my Family came back to Argyle...but I havent been able to prove this .

Regards

Duncan
mrdmkerr
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Iain » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi Duncan !

Question..., do you already have a Donald Kerr b1740 and wife Margaret McNeill b1745 ? If not, I have a ton of info !
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby mrdmkerr » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Iain

you might get this twice !! - I have Donald and mARGARET @ 1740 But little or no info on them excpet 2 kids Malcolm and Janet - would be great if you had some info and would send it to me ?

I think what i did wrong last time was i put my email address in the reply and it didnt send ... MrDMKerr @ a o l dot C O M might do it :)

Thanks

D.
mrdmkerr
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Iain » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:24 am

Hi Duncan ! You seem to be well into your roots ! Perhaps I should have been more precise..., are you on Ancestry ? If so, you already have all the detials I can provide ! Have a nice day..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bracken » Sat May 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi Duncan, I know it is a while since you posted your original query re the Kerr's of Drumlemble but thought I would post a reply in case you are still monitoring it.
I am descended through Agnes Kerr (1798 - 1877) who was the sister of your James Kerr.
Malcom Kerr & Katherine Watson being my 4xgt grandparents.
Agnes Kerr married John McGeachy in Campbeltown in 1823.
I live in Western Australia but am actually going to Campbeltown at the end of May to finally see where my ancestors once lived.
My grandfather and father (both named John McGougan) were born in Campbeltown. My grandfather worked in the Coal Mines in Drumlemble before emigrating to Australia in the 1920s.
Kind regards, Sue
bracken
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby mrdmkerr » Mon May 13, 2013 10:16 am

Sue

Good to see your reply ! - Ive dropped you a PM with my email address - lets ' talk ' more by email - interesting to hear you may be in the Drumlemble / Campbeltown area late May - lets talk further via email
mrdmkerr
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy