Mitchell Family

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Mitchell Family

Postby teach64 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi, I was on this site a few years ago looking for Mitchell relatives. A few days ago I had a DNA match with the following families and am seeking further info in order to match a closer relative. Any and all help is welcome. My connection to the Mitchell family is through my gg grandmother, Janet Mitchell whose marriage to Duncan McMath is recorded in the Saddell/Skipness church records of May 1847, as well as the Southend church records. I have not confirmed parents or siblings for her as yet.

Archibald Mitchell married a Catherine Conley in Dec. 1822 according to the old parish records of Campbeltown. It is believed he was born about 1801 at Carradale. I have his children's names from both his first and second marriages - no Janet.
I am now looking for Archibald's parent's names and his siblings.

My link to Archibald's family is from Archibald - Duncan - to Robert (who came to Canada via North Dakota). I also am led to believe that Archibald's (1801) father was also an Archibald. I would be very interested in this family as well.
I was very lucky with info I gained from this forum on my McMath family for which I was very grateful and ended up with some DNA matches as well which confirmed my line.

Thanks for your time.j
Betty Manning
teach64
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy