Kathrine thomson

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Kathrine thomson

Postby Hamish10@ » Mon May 02, 2016 5:19 pm

I am trying to find information about Kathrin Thomson who was the daughter of Mary livingstone and Archibald Thomson/mctavish The family left for Canada in 1851. Archibald went with his daughter in law mary stalker and their son Duncan stalker. To join her brother Archibald and Alexander who left Scotland about 1841 . Duncan stalkers father Neil died in Tarbert bay in 1838.
Kathrine remained in Scotland .with her sister Margaret. Kathrin married Robert Oliver and theat is where I loose her
Hamish10@
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Kathrine thomson

Postby Iain » Tue May 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi Hamish..., welcome to the Kintyre Forum.

Do you have any dates of birth for any of these people ?

Kind Regards..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Iain » Tue May 10, 2016 6:30 pm

PS

I found a Neil Stalker born in Argyllshire died 1838.
Wife Mary Thompson born 26 April 1808 Skipness and died 16 July 1906. (they have an 1861 and 1891 Canadian census)
Marriage 22 June 1835 – Saddell and Skipness.

Daughter Mary birth 01/03/1835 Argyll died May 1837 Argyll. (1841 Scottish census)

Son Duncan 28 July 1838 Scotland died 8 February 1909 Canada. (Lot 14, Con 3 Dunwich, Ontario) He married Jane McTavish 1857-1926 and had Mary Jane / Maggie Bell / Neil / Grace Allena / Archibald / Florence and Bernice.
Many sources of passenger travel and death details.

..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Hamish10@ » Sat May 14, 2016 8:49 pm

She was born in 1807. Mary livingstone. Her mother was born in1780 and died in 1833. Her father Archibald 1775 died in Elgin county in 1865
I would be interested in the information about the passage to Canada of Mary Thomson /stalker Archibald Thomson. They arrived in ananda in 1851. Archibald and Alexander Thomson left for Canada in 1841
Thanks for your help
Hamish10@
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Iain » Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 am

Hi Hamish...

If you can tell me that my information above is not your own, (taken from Ancestry) then I can help you. ??

..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Hamish10@ » Sun May 15, 2016 6:08 pm

iAm sort of living history. I wasborn on the farm that Mary Thomson stalker took her son Duncan to in 1851. I played with my cousins in the summer on the Thomson farm nearby . Alex was Mary stalkers brother . unfortunately I did not listen enough to my mother and grandmother talk about the ancesstry. I have. Neil stalkers bible where he listed the birth and death of his daughter and the birth of his son Duncan . The bible also list ,I think ,the death of his father Duncan in 1830. His son Duncan then recorded the death of Archibald Thomson the man who came to Canada with Mary Stalker and Duncan Stalker Archibald was crippled with arthritis and was in a wheelchair of sorts. When they landed in Canada he had to be hoisted off the ship wheelchair and all. The chair is in my kitchen . The chair apparently was bought in junk store. It looks like it is a primative knockoff of the furniture of the late 1700 or early 1800
My mother told me of Kathrin. Before she died my mother donated letters from the relatives in the 1800 to the university of western Ontario. I am trying to get copies of these unfortunately they have not found them yet
Most of the relatives were buried in the cowal mcbride cemetery which was just up the road from the farm it was a concession over
I have found Duncan's return to Scotland at age 65 on ancestry. My mother told me he was not happy to be in Canada. The story in the family was that he came over at age 5 But on calculation he was 14. So no wonder he didn't want to come to a land that was forest and no town nearby there are stories in the family of him being followed home by a black bear.
The house I grew up in was moved across the lane way when 3 of my grandfathers sisters died of TB. They thought the water was contaminated
Hamish10@
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Iain » Mon May 16, 2016 5:47 am

Iain wrote:Hi Hamish...

If you can tell me that my information above is not your own, (taken from Ancestry) then I can help you. ??

..., Iain.

Yes..., but ?
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Hamish10@ » Mon May 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Not sure of the question. The information is correct and is not off ancestry only
Hamish10@
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy