David Andrew family - Eden Farm

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

David Andrew family - Eden Farm

Postby Cyrena OBrien » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:24 pm

I am looking for information on tenants of Eden farm with the last name of Andrew. David Andrew born in Southend in 1764 married in 1790 to Elizabeth Mitchell. Children were Archibald, Elizabeth, James, Nancy, Jean, Jennet, David, Mary, William and Margaret. My line is through their son David A. - he was married to Janet Huie. We were told all were on Eden (Aden) farm. Hoping some family members were still around.

Cyrena OBrien
yulinbeauty@aol.com
Cyrena OBrien
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: David Andrew family - Eden Farm

Postby skrik » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:06 pm

As far as I am aware, David Andrew built, or had built, one of the sandstone houses in Southend ; either Mariefield or Dunaverty , I think it was the former.
skrik
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jingscrivens » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:54 pm

There is still an Eden farm in Southend.

I believe there is a gravestone for a Janet Huie at Keil cemetery, though she may not be the one you are looking for. She is recorded as being the wife of Alexander Ralston.
jingscrivens
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Cyrena OBrien » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:40 pm

The Janet Huie that I am looking for ( wife of David ) was born in 1804 and baptized also in 1804 in the Southend. She along with David and all the children immigrated to the United States in 1842. They lived in Illinois and she died in 1873 in Illinois. I have records of where everyone was once they got to the United States. But anything in Scotland seems to be a mystery.
Cyrena OBrien
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy