Donald McSporran

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Donald McSporran

Postby JOEMAC » Mon May 04, 2015 2:46 am

Hi all,I am trying to obtain the marriage details for Donald McSporran & Christina McDonald.
They were married on 12 January 1900 in Campbeltown.
The Entry for the marriage in the archives is too faded to read so if anyone can help with the location ,her parent`s names and anything else that may help,i would be very grateful.
Kindest regards,
Joe McMillan,
South Australia [formerly from Dumbarton]
JOEMAC
JOEMAC
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Donald McSporran

Postby Tigrib » Sun May 31, 2015 12:27 pm

Did you obtain the entry from scotlandspeople? Then you should email them and request if they can make the image a bit clearer or sharper. I have successfully done this on two occasions and got a very helpful response. I hope this helps. I guess without seeing the image, nobody here will be able to help anyway.
Tigrib
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Donald McSporran

Postby JOEMAC » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:41 am

Hi Tigrib,
No, i did not get the info from Scotland`s People. I have a friend in Glasgow who does Look-ups for me but he said the record for that couple in the Edinburgh records was too indistinct to read. I was just wondering if the original entry in the records at Campbeltown were any clearer and if someone had access to those records, perhaps they could have a look for me.
I thought it would be worth a try.
Thank you anyway for your interest.
Cheers,
Joe McMillan,
South Australia [formerly from Dumbarton]
JOEMAC
JOEMAC
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Kintyre Genealogy