Neill McNeill

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Neill McNeill

Postby d. aubrey mcneill » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:50 pm

In search of any information concerning Neill McNeill of the Kintyre area. Neill left Scotland 1739/1740 for Cape Fear North Carolina. I have not found the name of his spouse, his children were Roger (my line), Henry, Catherine, Margaret, Flora, Mary, and Ann. Some of the children were born in Scotland. Neill died in Cumberland County North Carolina in 1764. I have much information on his family after his arrival to North Carolina but nothing on my Gaelic speaking ancestors.
d. aubrey mcneill
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Neill McNeill

Postby Iain » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi ‘Daniel’! Welcome to The Kintyre Forum.

Perhaps if you had added the fact that Neill McNeill was born in Taynish, Gigha..., some on here might have access to the islands’records.
Also father Neil b1697 and mother Elizabeth Campbell ?

Hope this helps the others !

..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby d. aubrey mcneill » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 pm

I think Neill was born in Gigha but no documented proof as yet. Another undocumented belief is that my Neill is the son of Neill of Taynish and Elizabeth Campbell but no documentation. Hopefully, there is some church records available to support these claims.
d. aubrey mcneill
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby genforrest1844 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Iian,

In a post you have Neill McNeill married to Ann Campbell born about 1716 in Auchinbreck. Can you please share the source of this information. I am a descendant of Neill's son Roger born about 1740 and died 1789 in Cumberland County NC. Thanks for your help, I am most grateful.
Donald Aubrey McNeill
Paducah KY USA
genforrest1844
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby genforrest1844 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 pm

Iian, I need all references concerning Neill McNeill and Ann Campbell (born about 1716) that had son Roger. I have searched for any documentation on Neill and Ann Campbell with no results. Do you know where Neill and Ann lived before they went to Cumberland County NC? Many thanks, Donald.
genforrest1844
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy