Hi from New Zealand - Looking for McPhail families

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Hi from New Zealand - Looking for McPhail families

Postby Ann » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:35 am

My first time on this forum and I am hoping I will be lucky. My GGrandfather Archibald Stewart McPhail born in Campbelltown 1841 d. Gisborne NZ 1925. His father was Donald b Campbelltown 1811 m. Jean McLean 1835. From now on I have not been able to verify that I have the correct family - I think Donald's father was John McPhail b 1771 m Isabel McIsaac 1801.
Would be thrilled to hear anyone viewing this forum who know any of these families and can let me know how I can contact them.
Cheers from New Zealand.
Ann Thomas
Researching McPhail family from Campbelltown
Cheers. Ann from New Zealand
Ann
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:18 pm

Ann

A number of McPhails in the area so hopefully someone can help you out.

Certainly know of McIsaacs too.

Regards
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Hi!

Postby Annie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:08 am

As you can see from several of the other posts on the forum, this kind of thing has been very successful in getting geneologies corrected and families together. I am one of the Blackstocks you see on the forum and have since found out that there was a whole book written about our family, of which I had no idea about - geesh!

So hang in there, things will come in fits and bounds, if you wait long enough!

Good luck to you and the McPhails!!!!!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:48 am

thep wrote:Ann

A number of McPhails in the area so hopefully someone can help you out.

Certainly know of McIsaacs too.

Regards

thep,

Mc Isaacs stayed in Glenbarr village. Ian McIsaac was in my class in school, possibly his parents may still be there. Another person who worked with my father years ago, Charlie McIsaac from Chleit who i think works for Glenbarr Nurserys. Will check with Charlie next time i bump into him and let Ann know if same relations.
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

McPhail family of Campbeltown

Postby Ann » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:52 am

In April 2006 I joined this forum looking for my McPhail family in Campbeltown, although had three replies wishing me luck, thanks to those folk, but so far no info has been forthcoming.
My GGGrandfather was Donald McPhail born 1811 married Jean McLean in Campbeltown on on 4 Jul 1835. Donald's parents were John McPhail and Isabel McIsaac m in CAmpbeltown on 8 Nov 1801.
One of Donald's son Archibald Stewart McPhail came to New Zealand in 1862 and became a very successful farmer.
I did check on the white pages for phone numbers of McPhails in Campbeltown and found two families still living in Albyn Avenue.
Would there be sks who might know of these folk and if so would it be possible for them to email me.
I have really struck a brickwall with this family and would dearly love to track any of my McPhail family.
Many Thanks, Ann Thomas
Ann
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Hi from New Zealand - Looking for McPhail families

Postby bastonjock » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:07 am

hello

i know that this is an old post,but are you still researching your Mcphail Line?
bastonjock
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ann » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:57 am

bastonjock wrote:hello

i know that this is an old post,but are you still researching your Mcphail Line?

Hi
In reply to above yes I am still researching the McPhails of Campbeltown and would love to hear from anyone.
hope this gets to "bastonjock".
Not sure where to send my reply maybe someone can help
Regards
Ann
Ann
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby bastonjock » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Ann

My McPhails were Coal miners and appear to have spread out from Campbelltown to various parts of Scotland and USA/Canada,some of them were very sucessfull and managed to have their own coal mine in kANSAS.Here is a copy of my early geneology,if ours are not related,maybee i can point you in the right direction

1. HUGH SR.1 MCPHAIL was born Abt. 1773 in Argyll, Scotland. He married MARY MCLEAN Abt. 1798 in
Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland. She was born Abt. 1777 in Argyll, Scotland.
Children of HUGH MCPHAIL and MARY MCLEAN are:
2. i. ROGER2 MCPHAIL, b. Oct 27, 1799, Terfirgus, Argyll, Scotland.
ii. EUFIN MCPHAIL, b. Nov 14, 1802, Drunleman, Argyll, Scotland.
More About EUFIN MCPHAIL:
Christening: Nov 16, 1802, Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland
iii. JOHN MCPHAIL, b. Abt. 1805, Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland.
More About JOHN MCPHAIL:
Christening: May 26, 1805, Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland
3. iv. HUGH JR. MCPHAIL, b. Abt. 1808, Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland; d. Bef. 1861, Baillieston, Old
Monkland, Lanark, Scotland.
v. MARY MCPHAIL, b. Abt. 1813, Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland.
More About MARY MCPHAIL:
Christening: Feb 07, 1813, Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland
Generation No.

Regards Matt
bastonjock
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Elizabeth Richards » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:22 pm

Hi Ann, I am from your branch of Mc/macphails. You have family I. New Zealand and also in Australia. I have sent you a friend request. My dad was David Kinnon MacPhail and if you follow the Isobel MacIssaac and John McPhail line you will find my great grandfather, Joseph Lilly McPhail. We live in and around Glasgow but my brother and other McPhail relatives are in Australia. My sister emigrated to New Zealand. Sadly she is no longer with us but her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are there.
Elizabeth Richards
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy