Family Tree

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Re: Family Tree

Postby Josephine44 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi,
I have just read your posting re the Black family. My granny was Phoebe (Euphemia) Black who married William Burnfield. if you give me your email address I can give you all the information you require. there are pages upon pages. Chrissie McGregor was my mum's cousin, her father Joseph Black was her uncle. I think the Greek connection was all in Chrissie's mind, she also told my sister this, but no trace at all. Grandfather Joseph Black was married to Agnes Munro, whom my mother was called after. his father was married to Mary Currie, whose family were quite affluent in the town during that time. they got married in Paisley and then went to Londonderry where Joseph(Chrissie's) grandfather was born before they came back to Campbeltown

Hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you
Josephine.
Josephine44
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby JOEMAC » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:44 am

Hi Josephine,
Great to hear from you.
I do not have a lot of info on the Black family but what I have I will gladly share with you if you do not already have it,
My e-mail address is joemac@yp-connect.net
Hope to hear from you.
Cheers,
Joe McMillan
JOEMAC
JOEMAC
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Peta » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi! I'm looking for Paul McCreery whose mother was Mary McNaughton formerly of Campbeltown. I am an Australian relative of his and would like to get in contact with him. My email address is Peta.Cutter@bigpond.com Thank you Peta
Peta
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Kintyre Genealogy