Campbeltown records

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Re: Campbeltown records

Postby minsyb » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi, I know that they definitely came from Rathlan Island because they are my ancestors.

Always better to get as much info locally. Have you tried calling the Burnet Building where the registry office is now situated. You might have to go through the Council number in Lochgilphead to get put through. 01546 605522 (I think)

One of the relations might be able to tell you more. If so I'll give you a contact for her if she agrees.

Burnet Building
St John Street
PA28 6BJ Campbeltown
United Kingdom
minsyb
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Campbeltown records

Postby damonbrodie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:40 am

minsyb wrote:Hi, I know that they definitely came from Rathlan Island because they are my ancestors.

Always better to get as much info locally. Have you tried calling the Burnet Building where the registry office is now situated. You might have to go through the Council number in Lochgilphead to get put through. 01546 605522 (I think)

One of the relations might be able to tell you more. If so I'll give you a contact for her if she agrees.

Burnet Building
St John Street
PA28 6BJ Campbeltown
United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I will try and do some more research from here (Canada) so that I can use these resources more effectively.

Thanks again,

Damon
damonbrodie
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Kintyre Genealogy