Some interesting genealogy sites

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Some interesting genealogy sites

Postby kathy9 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Here are a couple of interesting sites to try:

Rootschat.com, lovely forum for Scotland, Ireland and England. Got loads of information from this site.

BelfastForum.co.uk - great active forum with people bursting to help you. Great history there too to be learned.

Genuforum.genealogy.com still a free site, you never know what you will turn up there.

Ellisisland.org - start off your American tour. Got other various sites for US if anybody interested. :)
kathy9
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Some interesting genealogy sites

Postby Iain » Mon May 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Cont: Lol !

Hi Kathy !

Sarah was born and died in Antrim County, Northern Ireland. Her husband was Thomas McMaster b1847 and they had one child... John McMaster, 1872-1940. (this means that with a little research, they are mentioned in all the census reports)

John McMaster b1872 Antrim County, NI died 12/1/1940 in Cupar, Fife, Scotland; he married Annie Guthrie 1874-1960.

Annie Guthrie born 26/12/1874 in Camlachie, Glasgow died 30/11/1960 aged 85 in Armadale, West Lothian, Scotland. (Annie’s mother is called Annie Holburn Guthrie and she had two children, Annie of course plus a son called William who died in Bathgate, Midlothian, Scotland)

Annie b1874..., residence at the age of 7 (1881) Glasgow Barony, at the age of 17 (1891) in Glasgow Govan. At the age of 27 (1901) was resident in Glasgow Bridgeton, Lanarkshire, Scotland. No children recorded ! But that doesn’t mean that they didn’t have any children..., other researchers could have additional information.

Good hunting ! ..., Iain.
Last edited by Iain on Mon May 28, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Iain » Mon May 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Seems to be a mish-mash of wives there..., I'll get back to you !!

Bla bla bla ! I've updated the above ! :wink:
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby kathy9 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Yes, please, Iain, I am particularly interested in Sarah Quirey of Irish fame, and Annie Guthrie, born in Glasgow, dont have much at all on her. Annie was my g g grandmother, Bathgate only a stones throw away from here. Isnt it funny what hand life plays you, ancestors just down the road and round the corner.

Feel free to blah blah, am lovin it. :D
kathy9
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Kintyre Genealogy