Kate McLean

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Re: Kate McLean

Postby Ruth15 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Another interesting result of gedmatch with my maternal aunt is that my grandparents are probably distantly related. My grand father was Fred Glenn and his paternal family was from Northern Ireland. Family lore says they were originally from Scotland. So perhaps McLeans and Glenn's were related.i am having a male cousin do a y DNA test thru ftdna and see what we find out.
Duncan, what info fo you need from my DNA. Can I send you the results?
Ruth15
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Kate McLean

Postby duncanmclean1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:38 pm

Thanks Linda (apologies for my previous mistake with your name by the way). Yes, I would be interested to see any DNA results you have had back so far together with your kit number(s). When you previously tested with FTDNA did you join the MacLean/MacLaine DNA project? As project administrator I have access to project members' results and from a quick look couldn't immediately see any with your name attached to them. To protect your privacy I suggest emailing me directly at duncan@mcleans.org.uk

Regarding testing of your male cousin, is he a McLean too? If so I would strongly recommend ordering the tests through the project as you get a better price and can benefit from comparing his results against other McLeans etc who have tested, and the collective wisdom of myself and my team of project co-admins of course! Go to https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/clanmaclean to see for yourself.

Regarding your Glenn ancestry I'm afraid I can't find any Glenns in our project and it's not a surname that I associate with McLeans.
duncanmclean1
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Previous

Return to Kintyre Genealogy