Searching for Macmillian ancestors

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Searching for Macmillian ancestors

Postby michaela » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Can you Help!!
The only infomation I can find out from my family is My Grt grandparents are Malcolm & Mary Macmillian. I have been told that thers a family grave in campbelltown old church there's a large white memorial cross inplace???
they had two children Allen & Mary, it's possible she may have had another daughter called Isabell.
Young mary my dads mother had 4 children 3 taken into care because she wasn't married at this time. I dont know there names or there whereabouts as all contact was lost & knowone ever talked about it.
nanna mary ( molly) to her friends had a cousin who worked in the lighthouse. Douglas lighthouse so I'm told but cant seem to find any lighthouse with this name.

in the 90s my 2 aunties went to campbelltown, they said they went into a shop that did abit of everything, whilst there there was a man with the same surname who said to them that they looked like his aunt Isabell could of been rose ???
a man surname of Macbride kindly took them to see the lighthouse.

I do know that nanna mary in later years moved to salford Manchester, but info on weather Malcolm & Mary were brought back to campbelltown to be buried we dont know.
I know the info is a little mixed up but this is the only info that I have, So as you can read I need alot of help,,,so Please Please help me find my lost family that I never new I had.XXXXX
michaela
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Searching for Macmillian ancestors

Postby Iain » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi Michaela ! You don’t give the slightest idea about dates ! :?

http://www.stamps-auction.com/isle-of-m ... sale-78924
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby michaela » Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 pm

I am assuming nana came to salford in 1910 or 20s, I have asked the family to see if they can remember anything but as there's not that many left of them its not looking too good, what info or what happened with nana and her family you did't dare talk about it the past had no room for the futher, and this is why I have only found out about the kids now
michaela
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby CaliGal » Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 pm

What would help is if you provide an approximate birth year for your grandmother Mary and your father (and the aunts you mention)... so that we can estimate an approximate birth year for her lost children, and marriage timeframe for her parents, etc.
It sounds like you had contact with two aunts and your dad... Does that mean your grandmother had three children she retained custody of (presumably after a marriage?), and three she lost custody of before that?

When doing genealogy it really helps to get all the information together for the closest living before going up the tree... So, find the obituaries/death records for your aunts. Their ages at death, where they were born, etc might be part of that information.

I would consider doing a DNA test (of your oldest living relative), one of those lost children (or their descendants) might be trying to find their roots too.
CaliGal
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Kintyre Genealogy