McNaughton/Gillespie Need Help

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

McNaughton/Gillespie Need Help

Postby Ashrice » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello my name is Ashliegh Rice, I'm 22yrs ols and living in Perth, Western Australia. I am the great granddaughter of
Peter and Susan Gillespie (previously McNaughton) they lived in Campbeltown before migranting to Western Australia many years ago. I'm yet to get their birthdates etc and will be tracking down extracts etc but I wanted some guidence as this is the first time I've started looking into my family history. My Nanna (Margaret Gillespie) is so pleased with me as I'm the only grandchild out of 10 who care. so where do I start? I want to find out everything! :)
Kind Regards Ashliegh
Ashrice
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McNaughton/Gillespie Need Help

Postby Iain » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi there Ashliegh !

You’ll never get any help if you don’t provide dates. So if I were you, I’d ask Nanna to put some details on all those old family photos in the shoe box, just above the wardrobe in her bedroom ! :wink:
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby keltie61 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:14 am

Hi Ashleigh

My husband Ian is the grandson of Peter and Susan Gillespie. I have their birth dates etc and a copy of Susan's birth certificate. We are heading back to Campbeltown in December (for the 5th time). We are hoping to find some of Nanna Susan's family this time as we have met quite a few of Peter's side.

Your Nanna is Ian's aunt and she can give you our phone number if you want to give us a call. Would love to chat.

Cheers
Elaine Gillespie

Ashrice wrote:Hello my name is Ashliegh Rice, I'm 22yrs ols and living in Perth, Western Australia. I am the great granddaughter of
Peter and Susan Gillespie (previously McNaughton) they lived in Campbeltown before migranting to Western Australia many years ago. I'm yet to get their birthdates etc and will be tracking down extracts etc but I wanted some guidence as this is the first time I've started looking into my family history. My Nanna (Margaret Gillespie) is so pleased with me as I'm the only grandchild out of 10 who care. so where do I start? I want to find out everything! :)
Kind Regards Ashliegh
keltie61
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Iain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi Elaine ! Welcome to the Kintyre Forum !

Ashliegh ? Please forgive her ! Another “one-off”!

I looked for Susan and Peter on Ancestry but found nothing interesting. And as you don’t provide dates it does become a problem ! Nonetheless, as they married before leaving for the Island of kangaroos, perhaps they're on the 1911 census.

If no success there..., why not post on the “General Chit Chat” and mention the name Gilespie and tell them that you’ll be in Campbeltown next month.
You’ll have hundreds ready to offer you a wee Springbank dram. :)

On second thoughts... I’ll do it for you ! :wink:
Even if they're not called Gillespie..., it would be a great excuse for a Céilidh !

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15042
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Scotsporridge » Mon May 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi my name is paul McCreery my mother was formely mary mcnaughton from campbeltown, her father was neil mcnaughton she had a large family of brothers and sisters , 3 brothers neil james john sisters ann margaret kate susan, there was another child peter who unfortunately died as an infant, iam sure there is a link with you , you can contact me at paulmccreery@ hotmail.com, my mother and sister ann are certainly keen to trace their history also, look forward to hearing from you regards paul
Scotsporridge
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Scotsporridge » Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi ashleigh , further to my last post , have just spoken to my mum, my grandad neil was susans brother, young susan, my grandads daughter, my aunt was named after susan if that makes sense p
Scotsporridge
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Iain » Tue May 07, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Paul..., welcome to The Kintyre Forum. Please don’t get too despondent but if you look at Ashliegh’s message you’ll see it was posted on the 12th of June 2011. (a one-off post !)
Good luck..., Iain.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Kintyre Genealogy