Kintyre Taylors Needed for DNA Project

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Kintyre Taylors Needed for DNA Project

Postby WesleyDVM » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Kintyre Folks,

There are a handful of us Taylors around the world with suspected ties to Kintyre in our family trees that have participated in the Taylor DNA project available at this link:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/taylorfamilygenes/default.aspx

Only one has defined a Kintyre Taylor ancestor with certainty. It would be immensely helpful for the rest of us if some (male) Taylors with known Kintyre ancestry would be willing to participate.

There are financial resources available for UK residents to enroll. Just contact me back here or contact the Taylor DNA project administrators listed on the link provided above.

The DNA sample itself is just a swab along the inside of the participants' cheek. No medical or private information is requested and no medical information can be gleaned from the provided results. Much more information is available via the link provided.

For me personally, I suspect my Taylors were from Kintyre based upon the fact that my earliest known ancestors immigrated to the US in abt 1770 with, and intermarried with, Gilchrists, McMillans, Sellars and McBrides from northern Kintyre.

Looking forward to finding distant Taylor cousins! Please contact me here if you have interest in my personal research.

Regards,

Wes Taylor in Texas
WesleyDVM
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy