Finn family

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Finn family

Postby cafinn » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello, I am looking to trace my grandfather's family. He was Charles Finn and he was born in Campbeltown around the end of the 19th century. His family, I gather, had a fishing fleet which worked between Ardglass in Co.Down and Campbeltown and his siblings were born in both Ireland and Scotland. I believe one of your best known residents, Cecil Finn, is a relative. By coincidence, my dentist in London, a Mr Pollard, used to work on one of Cecil's fishing boats! Charles worked on the Clyde shipyard and then came to east Kent in the 1920 to help sunk the new Kent coalfield. He married Annie Taylor, and had seven children, one of whom was my father Joseph Allan Finn. He died sometime in the 70s. Both my parents died a few years ago, and with no siblings or children I am very keen to trace my roots! I am travelling to Ardglass next week, to start the Irish search, so any information about Charles Finn would be helpful that side of the water. I'll just be getting their via Stranraer, and not sure if I'll have time to get to Campbeltown, this trip - but next time...!
Thankyou for any help, best wishes, Christine Finn
cafinn
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy