O'May - McPhail - McQuilkan - MacMillan

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

O'May - McPhail - McQuilkan - MacMillan

Postby FionaMc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi

I have been trying to trace my McPhail ancestors from Drumlemble and have discovered the name of Margaret O'May. She married Archie McPhail and I am descended from their son Daniel/Donald who married Ages McCuilkan (or McQuilkan). Agnes changed her name to Wilkinson and is buried as such in the Kilkivan graveyard with other members of her family. Daniel and Agnes McPhail are my great great grandparents. Their daughter Margaret married my ggrandfather Allan MacMillan. They emigrated to New Zealand with their 9 children. If you have any information you would like share about any of these families please send me a message at fmcmillan2003@yahoo.com

Many thanks
Fiona McMillan
FionaMc
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: O'May - McPhail - McQuilkan - MacMillan

Postby mrdmkerr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi Fiona

I saw your post below on the Kintyre forum - unfortunately I can't help you specifically with the McPhail side ... BUT my ancestors are also from Drumlemble - KERR -

What drew my interest was the O'May surname - as one of my ancestors James Kerr , married Elizabeth O'May ( bn 21st Aug 1792 Drumlemble, died - 2nd April 1870 ) there are 2 O'Mays buried at Kilkivan - a Catherine and a Lachlan but I dont have dates - However, The names/ place suggest that my Elizabeth and your Margaret are most likely related.

The info on her birth certificate states Elizabeths Father is John O'may and her mother is Euphemia O'May but I dont have any more detail on them unfortunately

I have copies of her Birth Death and Marriage certificates if you think theres a connection

I've emailed you seperately also.
mrdmkerr
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy