Stewarts and Langs of Argyllshire

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Stewarts and Langs of Argyllshire

Postby scooby228 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:43 am

Hello
I am looking for any information on the family of Archibald STEWART [Father Alexander Stewart and mother Helen/ellen McCarthur] and Mary Margaret LANG [Father Peter LANG or Lonegan?? and mother Catherine CAMPBELL](they married: Campbelltown, Argyllshire, Scotland l Jun 1906 and had 7 children ( John, Margaret, Cathrine, Mary Lang, Archibald, Helen and Alexander) before immigration to Western Australia: Port of embarkation - London UK - Ship "Berrima" 1925 and Port of disembarkation - Fremantle Western Australia on the Ship "Berrima" 21 March 1926. They became settlers of Northcliffe Western Australia.

I would grateful of any information anyone can give me.

Regards
scooby228
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Stewarts and Langs of Argyllshire

Postby kkellis2005 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:08 am

Hi,

I think I can help you a bit with this because some of my family also sailed with the same ship to Australia and because also Mary Lang is related to my family by marriage.Mary Lang and Archibald Stewart were part of the so called"Scots Group", a group of emigrants to Australia sponsored in a joint venture by the Australian and British governments to go out and clear tracts of forest to create grazing land for cattle in an effort to improve the region's dairy industry. If you PM me with your email address I can send you a copy of a document about them. This was sent to me by a descendant of the McGougan family who was also part of the group(I think her username is Bracken).

Mary Lang's brother, Peter was married to my gt grandfather's sister, Euphemia Scally. It was her brother, Archibald who also was part of the group. For information on the Langs in Campbeltown, talk to David Lang (username David).

All the best,

Karen.
kkellis2005
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Stewarts and Langs of Argyllshire

Postby Poppy82 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:07 am

Hi,

Not liking my chances that you are still active on this forum, but what information on the family are you after? Mary Margaret Lang is my great grandmother & Mary Lang Stewart is my grandmother. A lot of family descendants are still in the South West of Western Australia. You can contact me on bec_venn @ bigpond.com.au (obviously take out the spaces in the email address).

Regards,

Rebecca
Poppy82
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy