Remembrance Day 2009

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

Remembrance Day 2009

Postby Nexus » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Somebody up there likes us. What wonderful weather we had for this year's Parade. A good turnout too. It was good to see representatives from HMS Campbeltown.
Nexus
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Remembrance Day 2009

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Nexus wrote:Somebody up there likes us. What wonderful weather we had for this year's Parade. A good turnout too. It was good to see representatives from HMS Campbeltown.

I've some photos I took which I must post - all taken from a distance but was a beautiful day.

I couldn't stop and think on Sunday of one notable local man who fought in the war and who would normally be at the War Memorial. Biley (Arhie McArthur) who passed away recently. He was always proud to put his medals on and show his respect. Sadly missed.
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Remembrance Day 2009

Postby the ice maiden » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Funny you mentioned that ship I was thinking exactly the same. It was quite ironic that the Davaar Bar's sign was changed to Launderette too. He would have been over there getting his medals polished and his beret brushed so he would look lovely and smart-it just didn't feel the same without him :(
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Archived events