Beach Clean Sunday 20th Sept.

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

Beach Clean Sunday 20th Sept.

Postby jdcarra » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 am

TO - Argyll and Bute Beach Forum Members/ Kintyre Beach clean volunteers.

Hi everyone. I am emailing you all because we have your details listed as being potentially interested in helping out at beach cleans in the Kintyre area. We are arranging a beach clean around Campbeltown Loch for Sunday the 20th September and really hope that you will be able to come along and help out. I am attaching a poster with full details of the event. Please feel free to print it off and display it.
As part of this beach clean some volunteers will have the chance to be involved in a survey of the litter found over a 100m stretch. It is part of the Marine Conservation Societies Beachwatch Big Weekend. The information gathered is then sent to the Marine Conservation Society and they use it to publish an annual report on beach litter.

Hopefully see you there.

Thanks Louise Robertson
Project Worker

Argyll and Bute Beach Forum
The GRAB Trust (Group for Recycling in Argyll and Bute)
C/o Argyll & Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, Argyll, PA31 8RT
T: 01546 604226, M: 07810 855588
louise.robertson@argyll-bute.gov.uk
http://www.grab.org.uk

Promoting the sustainability of beaches in Argyll and Bute

Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Beach Clean Sunday 20th Sept.

Postby WC1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Why does this have to be a Sunday morning? There are some, like me, who would like to help but can't at that time. I remember this was raised last year, too.
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:06 am

JD - thanks for posting this. Been meaning to post it for the last week or so! Thanks again and hopefully see a few forum members there. 8)
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:32 pm

jdcarra wrote:TO - Argyll and Bute Beach Forum Members/ Kintyre Beach clean volunteers.

Hi everyone. I am emailing you all because we have your details listed as being potentially interested in helping out at beach cleans in the Kintyre area. We are arranging a beach clean around Campbeltown Loch for Sunday the 20th September and really hope that you will be able to come along and help out. I am attaching a poster with full details of the event. Please feel free to print it off and display it.
As part of this beach clean some volunteers will have the chance to be involved in a survey of the litter found over a 100m stretch. It is part of the Marine Conservation Societies Beachwatch Big Weekend. The information gathered is then sent to the Marine Conservation Society and they use it to publish an annual report on beach litter.

Hopefully see you there.

Thanks Louise Robertson
Project Worker

Argyll and Bute Beach Forum
The GRAB Trust (Group for Recycling in Argyll and Bute)
C/o Argyll & Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, Argyll, PA31 8RT
T: 01546 604226, M: 07810 855588
louise.robertson@argyll-bute.gov.uk
http://www.grab.org.uk

Promoting the sustainability of beaches in Argyll and Bute

Just to highlight the beach clean which is on this weekend in Campbeltown. See you Sunday at 10am 8)
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Archived events