Springbank Open Day 2011

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

Springbank Open Day 2011

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 pm

From - http://springbankdistillers.com/tasting-room/

Springbank Open Day 2011

Thursday 19th May is the date for this year’s open day. We will have two single casks to bottle on the day, I will get more information on the casks very soon. We will of course have Masterclasses with Frank, Gavin and Peter. The cost this year for the Masterclasses will be £15 and will include a glass.

Tastings in the Warehouse will also be part of the open day, at a cost of £5

which will include a discount voucher for Cadenhead Whisky Shop.

At set times throughout the day there will be free distillery tours for people who do not wish to participate in the Masterclasses.

Grant is again hosting a Cadenhead Tasting in the Tasting Room in the afternoon. The cost of tickets will be £20 and places will be limited.

We will also have food from Auntie Mo, Food from Argyll, Seafood from McMillan Smokehouse. A bar will be provided by Fyne Ales who will be joining us for the first time with some of their fine ales (of course).

John Brown will be there with his wood carvings - some nice new creations this year from John. The Blacksmith’s Shop is setting up a stall to show off some of their metal art work and hopefully they will also bring along a wood burning stove that we can gather round if it’s cold. Various other craft stalls will also be there.

Gavin’s team will be preparing some half casks for sale as garden tubs, they also have some cask ends - do you fancy having your date of birth stencilled on one of these?

Music will be provided by local artistes.

We thought that this year we would have a BBQ and a tiny wee bonfire at about 6.30 pm, with maybe a Spooks tour round the warehouses. I know it will not be dark but we won’t put the lights on so that you get really frightened. I believe there are lots of spiders in the warehouses away at the back in the dark bits so I won’t be going in there!!!

Fyne Ales have agreed to stay with us for the BBQ at night and hopefully we will have some music too - maybe a piper in the warehouse to add to the atmosphere. If you’re lucky you might even see some of the angels.

If you would like to book Masterclasses or the Cadenhead Tasting, let me know.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Archived events