Kintyre Piping Society Concert & Dance Sat 22nd January 2011

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

Kintyre Piping Society Concert & Dance Sat 22nd January 2011

Postby Jules » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Kintyre Piping Scoiety are holding a concert and dance in the Victoria Hall, Campbeltown on Saturday 22nd January 2011.

The concert features, Inveraray & District Pipe Band, Kintyre Schools Pipe Band and the music for the dance will be provided by The Kinloch Ceilidh Band.

Tickets on sale in A.P. Taylors & Campbeltown Pottery, Price £10.
Jules
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Kintyre Piping Society Concert & Dance Sat 22nd January 2011

Postby EileenH » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Looks to be a good night. I saw inverary in concert last January in Glasgow. It was really good. Also it's a chance to support our local school band. Looking forward to it but hear it will only go ahead if enough tickets are sold.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Jules » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:36 am

Tickets for this event are still on sale, but as stated above the amount of tickets sold will determine if this event goes ahead. Tickets will be on sale until Tuesday night (18/01/11), so if you plan to attend this event please make sure you get your tickets soon :)
Jules
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby EileenH » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:31 pm

I know of quite a few who said they are going nut have still to buy their tickets. I will pass this on that they are only on sale til Tuesday.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Walt Jabsco » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Eileen, I hear what you are saying about the need for people to buy tickets and can only sympathise with the event organisers.
I was told today that there are only 60 tickets sold and 30 of them are from Mid Argyll!
I have been involved in boys football for years and when it comes to supporting fundraising parents are willing to donate to raffles etc but ask them to go to Agnes' charity dance once a year, no chance. The committe would all go and look at each other and ask why do we bother. Over 150 kids at football all year and not one parent at the dance. Shocking and embarrasing for us to look at the organisers of the dance who gave up their time and expertise to help raise money for the football.
Only thing I would say that the timing of the event is poor with the Christmas bills dropping through the letter box!

All you parents of pipers and drummers support this event
Walt Jabsco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby EileenH » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:07 pm

This concert was meant to take place in November but was postponed. I know what you mean about Agnes charity dances. We went to a few and had a great wee night but there weren't very many at it. If more folk supported these things maybe there would be more things go on in the town. With there being so much pipers in the town I would have thought this concert would be well supported. I hope so.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby EileenH » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Just heard this has been cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. It's a shame for the piping society committee who have put in alot of their time organising this.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Jules » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Yes, decision was made today that this event is cancelled due to a lack of tickets being sold for the event!

Anyone who has bought their tickets, please return them to the shops where purchased and your money will be refunded.
Jules
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Archived events