Comedy Night - 29th January 2011

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

Comedy Night - 29th January 2011

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Received an e-mail from Peter Graham who is running a Comedy Night in Campbeltown on 29th January 2011 in the Grammar School to raise money for Marie Curie cancer care. Please spread the word.

Hi folks,

Just to let you all know I've arranged a comedy night in the town on Saturday 29th January at the grammar school to raise money for the climb of Mount Kilimanjaro I'm doing in aid of Marie Curie cancer care. I have a target figure of £4,000 to reach before i do this climb in February so I'm hoping takings from the comedy night will go some way towards hitting my target.

The attached poster should have all the details for the event and you may see these in shops and pubs around town. Tickets are £10 on sale in A P Taylors. There will be some music to start the evening and mid-way through there will be a raffle and possibly an auction if i can get some decent prizes. Hope to see you there and I would appreciate it if you would spread the word on this event to try and get as many people through the door as possible.

If you can't make the event but wish to make a donation then there is a link to my just giving page below.

Cheers,
Pete

http://www.justgiving.com/peter-graham82

If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Comedy Night - 29th January 2011

Postby fionag » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Please support Peter with his fund raising for a very deserving cause.

I know first hand the invaluable work that Marie Curie carries out as they have been involved with my Mums care over the last few months.

Please give what you can to ensure that they can continue to provide help and support to other families.

Thank you

Fiona x
fionag
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:43 pm

fionag wrote:Please support Peter with his fund raising for a very deserving cause.

Yes, would echo that too Fiona. Great chap doing his bit for a very worthwhile charity.

Just to also confirm this is a licenced event.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petergraham82 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Dear all,

Just to confirm there will be an auction taking place at the comedy night with the proceeds going to Marie Curie. Stadium tours, hotel packages and a limited edition Gavin Hastings rugby picture amongst the items. Nearer the time i will post a full list of what's up for grabs so watch this space...

Can i also take the opportunity to thank locals for the level of interest and support in this event so far. I hope it will be a good night, not just for the charity, but for toon folk also.

Cheers,
Peter
petergraham82
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Just to highlight what will be fantastic event for charity tonight at the Grammar School. Tickets are still on sale and you can pay at the door!

Little update from Peter too. Best of luck Peter with your evening - deserve it for all your efforts!

To avoid any confusion over times etc I have published a rough programme for the comedy night pointing out that the first comedian will be on at 8.30 and the bar will be open until 1am.

Dave Adams Solo Acoustic Set
Billy Kirkwood introduces Chris Conroy & Stu Mitchell
Break
Billy Kirkwood introduces Chris Henry
Raffle
Closest to the bottle
Auction
Billy Kirkwood introduces Graham Mackie
Comedians close
11.30 – 1.00
Disco

Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SPANNERMAN2 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:38 pm

only decided to go on sat afternoon (typical toon folk !!!) what a brilliant night right from the start =hoora good >havent laughed so much in ages . all the comedians were very good esp the compere billy kirkwood > congrats to all who organised
SPANNERMAN2
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Archived events