Offshore Wind SEA and Draft Plan - Consultation Event

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Received this by e-mail today. Please note this should not be confused with the meetings S&SE meetings this Thursday and Friday (Thursday 5th August Campbeltown Town Hall 2pm to 8pm and Friday 6th August Machrihanish Golf Club 11am to 2pm) but good opportunity to attend both!

I would like to invite you to attend a Scottish Government consultation event in Campbeltown or Oban to discuss the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Draft Plan for Offshore Wind in Scottish Territorial Waters. I would also be grateful if you could forward this invitation to anyone else you feel may be interested in attending.

The events will be held on the following dates:

* 9 August - Victoria Hall, Kinloch Road, Campbeltown, PA28 6EG - 2-4 pm

* 10 August - Corran Halls, Esplanade, Oban, PA34 5AB - 2-4 pm

This SEA provides a framework for progressing the development of offshore wind energy out to 12 NM, and along with the draft plan presents the Government's vision for offshore wind development up to 2020 and beyond. The draft development plan has identified 10 sites as the short term option (2010-2020) and an additional 25 areas as medium term options (beyond 2020) for developing offshore wind.

The Offshore Wind SEA and Draft Plan are open for public consultation until 16 August 2010. We have set up a number of events around Scotland, where Marine Scotland officials will be on hand to provide more information about the Plan and other projects relating to offshore wind, wave and tidal energy, and to hear your comments.

If you would like to attend an event, please just let me know. You can contact me at offshorewindconsultation@scotland.gsi.gov.uk or on 0131
244 1617.

Events are being held across the country, so if you cannot attend these Argyll and Bute events, you may wish to consider attending at another location - Ullapool (3 August), Inverness (4 August), Edinburgh (5 August), Dumfries (6 August), Wigtown (6 August), Lerwick, (11 August), Peterhead (12 August) and Stornoway (13 August).

If you are unable to attend any of the events, you can still put forward your views by responding to the consultation. The documents are available on the Scottish Government website - http://www.scotland.gov.uk/consultations. You can submit your response by email to offshorewindconsultation@scotland.gsi.gov.uk or by post to:

Offshore Wind Consultation,
Marine Scotland,
Area 1-A (South),
Victoria Quay,
Edinburgh,
EH6 6QQ

Yours,
Alison McQuarrie

Please accept my apologies if you have received this information more than once

Marine Renewables and Offshore Wind
Marine Planning and Policy
Marine Scotland
Tel: 0131 244 1617
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Archived events