Erskine Shield and Raffle at Machrihanish Golf Club

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

Erskine Shield and Raffle at Machrihanish Golf Club

Postby Ags » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 pm

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but hopefully here is the right place.
Machrihanish Golf Club's competition next week is The Erskine Shield. This competition is held annually to raise funds for Erskine Hospital Caring for Ex-Service Men and Women and rehabilitating service men and women injured in more recent conflicts.
Two months ago Iain's Mum secured a place at Erskine through her time with the Wrens, code breaking in WW2. Unfortunately her 87 year old legs just do not allow her to live safely at home any more.
Because it is just May's legs that don't work anymore, Erskine has brought a whole new lease of life to this lovely lady.
To show our gratitude for the 100%+ attention May has received in her very short time there we decided to run a raffle to add to the contribution to Erskine funds that Machrihanish Golf Club will make on Saturday.
We started out with lists on Monday, phonecalls or emails on Wednesday and Thursday and the response, as you will see from below, has been completely overwhelming!!
Our prize list at the moment includes:

return flights with Flybe from Campbeltown to Glasgow for 2 people
£50 holiday vouchers towards something booked with our local Travel Counsellor
A weekend at Wreck Cottage in Machrihanish (sleeps 6)
2 x £50 meal voucher for Machrihanish Golf Club
£30 meal voucher for Muneroy, Southend
4 hours joinery work
3 course Italian Meal for 2 delivered to your home
Wella professional curling irons
£50 voucher for Argyll Arms Hotel Bellochantuy
Golf for 2 at Buchanan Castle GolfCourse
Express facial
A picnic table
lots of bottle options (including a case of wine)
lots of home baking options
and various household gifts
Also a Springbank Gift pack and bottle

The response as you will see from above has been totally overwhelming and we thank everyone of you!! These are just the prizes we have in front of us today, plenty more offers have been made.
Now it's down to the final grovel!! Please please forum members get buying some tickets and please please best friends - help me sell them :oops:
We are completely stunned, yet again, at the generosity which never fails in Kintyre!!
Last edited by Ags on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Erskine Shield and Raffle at Machrihanish Golf Club

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Ags , I am so happy to hear that May is doing so well at Erskine and it has brought a whole new lease of life to this special lady who I have so much respect for . From what i hear she has a better social life than you and I :wink:

Good luck with your raffle , great prizes indeed.

More than happy to sell some for you so please leave me a bunch at the bar if that okay . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks PL - one of your work mates has been in touch too so I will drop some in for you to share if that is okay? Many thanks! And yes the social life is amazing.....Granny is enjoying a G+T just like the rest of us :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby the ice maiden » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 pm

It makes such a difference Ags if your happy with the care. One of the most important aspects is the activities and stimulation that residents get-unfortunately my mum isn't as lucky as Ian's. Glad she's doing so well x
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby caro » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Fantastic, Ags - of course I'll be more than happy to help :)
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Ticket sales going well :D and if there are any volunteers willing to wear a lovely purple Erskine T-shirt on Saturday, please feel free to keep me company at any part of the day in my wee caravan at the first tee (thanks Rotary) from 7.30am onwards :D
Either that or bring me coffee - breakfast - coffee - lunch - coffee - Gin (dinner can wait) :lol:
Ice Maiden :( I will speak to you when I see you. I keep trying to reply to your comment but it just never sounds quite right. Hope your Mum is doing okay x
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ags » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Iain hoped we would raise about £200 - I hoped we would raise about £500 - an amazing £1200.00 + will be winging its way to Erskine! Lots of personal thanks to follow but for now thank you to all who contributed or helped in any way - what a 10 days!! :shock:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:44 am

Well done Ags, you are one magnificent woman! :D
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Hardly - but thanks :oops: :oops: Iain did a power of work and we had lots of helpers. Total standing at £1213 and we are more than over the moon with that. Sorry you didn't win any prizes :(
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Archived events