Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people!

Do you or your organisation have an event in Kintyre coming up? Then why not post information on ANY local event here? Kintyre Forum members can discuss and keep up to date on the latest information.

Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people!

Postby terrencehigginstrust » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Hello,

I'm Katrina, the health promotion worker for A&B for Terrence Higgins Trust Scotland. As there's currently no specific support for lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) people in Argyll, we thought we'd have an event to find out what support and services LGBT folk would like. I'm working on getting the word out about this, so please let any LGBT family, friends or colleagues know about it.

SPEAKEASY
We want to hear your views! You’re warmly invited to come and meet others in a safe and supportive environment. Let’s create some new LGBT social and support networks in Argyll & Bute!

Meeting in:
North Kintyre at 12pm on Saturday 20th February 2010 (please scroll down for latest date)
Refreshments will be provided. Please book your place early if you’re coming, so we know how many folk to expect - contact me for more information and to book your place. Hope to see you there!
Reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed under certain circumstances - please check in advance.

Katrina Mitchell: 07818 287 053
Email: katrina.mitchell@tht.org.uk
http://www.tht.org.uk
(Funded and supported by NHS Highland)

Thanks for reading :)
Last edited by terrencehigginstrust on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 14 times in total.
terrencehigginstrust
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Speakeasy: lesbian gay bisexual transgender people 20 Feb

Postby tootsy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 pm

If there is enough demand, maybe we could run a bus. That would help keep the demand on the public purse down with the expenses.
tootsy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Malky » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Katrina, you don't mention the venue for the meetings.
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby terrencehigginstrust » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:07 pm

hi malky,

we're deliberately vague about the venues for reasons of privacy - when someone calls to book a place they'll get full details.

kx
terrencehigginstrust
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Malky » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:27 pm

lol. I realised that after I posted. Quite wise really in a small community. :)
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Speakeasy: lesbian gay bisexual transgender people 12 June

Postby terrencehigginstrust » Wed May 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi,

Calling all LGBT folk in Kintyre and Mid Argyll! We're running this again soon:

Campbeltown, at 1pm on Saturday 12th June 2010

We want to hear your views! You’re warmly invited to come and meet others in a safe and supportive environment. Let’s create some new LGBT social and support networks in Argyll & Bute!

Refreshments will be provided. Please book your place early if you’re coming, so we know how many folk to expect - contact me for more information and to book your place. Hope to see you there!
Reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed under certain circumstances - please check in advance.

call / text 07818 287 053
terrencehigginstrust
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Calling all lesbian gay bisexual transgender people! 12 June

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Good luck for tomorrow Katrina. Hope there is a decent turn out. See you there!!!
There’s no place like home.......
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Calling all lesbian gay bisexual transgender people! 7 July

Postby terrencehigginstrust » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Hullo!

The new group (as yet nameless) will be meeting up for the second time in Campbeltown on Wednesday evening: 7th July, 6-9pm. Please call/text me on 07818 287 053 for venue details and more information if you need it.

It's an informal and friendly group, all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender folk very welcome, hope to see you there! (hope you're gonna make it too, friend of dorothy) :D

Katrina x

terrencehigginstrust
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people! 4 August

Postby terrencehigginstrust » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:37 pm

hi!

the campbeltown lgbt group will be meeting up informally in the evening of wednesday 4th august. if you're L G B or T and would like to join them, please get in touch for details.

also our summer/autumn newsletter is out - you can have a read here:http://argyllcommunities.org/files/2010/07/newsletter-lgbt.pdf

katrina :D

terrencehigginstrust
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people! 4 August

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Great wee night last wednesday. Very informal evening in the pub where we covered many topics, most inportantly what name we should adopt.The group is now called 'Kintyre Embrace'
Any of you still interested in becoming involved, please contact Katrina for details. Meetings at the moment, take place on the first wednesday of each month.
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people! 1st sept

Postby terrencehigginstrust » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 pm

hello.

kintyre embrace will be meeting up on wednesday 1st september, 7pm in campbeltown. if you're L G B or T and would like to come along, please get in touch with me. the plan is to choose and watch a film, so it should make for a nice relaxed evening. popcorn provided :)

if you're coming, please can you let me know by either text / email / phonecall by tuesday noon at the latest.

cheers!
katrina

07818 287 053
katrina.mitchell@tht.org.uk

terrencehigginstrust
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people! 6th october

Postby terrencehigginstrust » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:59 pm

hi,

kintyre embrace will be meeting up on wednesday 6th october, 7-9pm in campbeltown. if you're L G B or T and would like to come along, please get in touch with me. the plan is to choose and watch a film, so it should make for a nice relaxed evening. popcorn provided :D

if you're coming, please can you let me know by either text / email / phonecall by tuesday noon at the latest.

cheers!
katrina

07818 287 053
katrina.mitchell@tht.org.uk

terrencehigginstrust
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people!

Postby waverleycare » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Hello,

Just to let folk know that the next meeting of Kintyre Embrace will be on Wednesday 2nd February, 7-9pm in Campbeltown.

Kintyre Embrace is for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender folk living in or near Kintyre. It’s a small, friendly group which meets up (normally on the first Wednesday of the month) for both informal social events and for themed meetings. If you haven’t been to the group before, you’re very welcome to join. If you’d prefer to bring along a friend to the group the first time, that’s fine. Or if you like, we can arrange for a group member to meet up with you half an hour before the group, then bring you along to meet the others.

We ask that you let us know if you’re planning to come along, so that we know numbers and can give you the venue details – please drop me a text / call / email, details below.

Katrina Mitchell 07760 701 308 / katrina.mitchell@waverleycare.orgWaverley Care is now providing HIV, sxl health and LGBT services in Argyll & Bute
http://www.waverleycare.org
waverleycare
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Calling lesbian gay bisexual transgender people!

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Due to access problems for people trying to find 'Kintyre Embrace' on Facebook, I have now changed security settings. Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested in the groups work. The link is below. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref ... 3368391534
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local Events