Sponsored Swim for Kintyre Food Bank

Do you or your organisation have an event in Kintyre coming up? Then why not post information on ANY local event here? Kintyre Forum members can discuss and keep up to date on the latest information.

Sponsored Swim for Kintyre Food Bank

Postby PastorFerguson » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi all

In less than 48 hours I will be aiming to swim 10km/6 miles/400 lengths of the Aqualibrium. No, this is not because I like swimming or just fancied getting fitter - I am raising money to fund the newly created Kintyre Food Bank. The food bank was established in Campbeltown to ensure that nobody would go hungry in our community.

I will start my sponsored swim at 7am on Monday 27th, most likely it will take nearly 9 hours to swim, meaning I will be in the pool most of the day. You are more than welcome to come and cheer me on. My mum will be in the gallery counting lengths so you can join her, keep her company and cheer me on!

Thank you to all who have sponsored me so far...I am currently sitting at £630 with a target of £1000. If you haven't already sponsored, please consider doing so, this is not an easy task and reaching my target will help spur me on! Here is how you can donate...

1. Go to http://www.gofundme.com/e49xqo and donate directly.
2. Drop an envelope with your donation (cheques made payable to Kintyre Food Bank) into Springbank Church
3. Put your donation in the buckets provided at the swimming pool (they will be clearly labelled Kintyre Food Bank)

Thank you all...see you all on Tuesday (thinner and sore!)

Ross
PastorFerguson
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Local Events