St Ayles skiff club for campbeltown

Do you or your organisation have an event in Kintyre coming up? Then why not post information on ANY local event here? Kintyre Forum members can discuss and keep up to date on the latest information.

St Ayles skiff club for campbeltown

Postby goldfire » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 am

This is in the wrong category to post this in i know but want it to be seen by as many folk as possible.

Having heard about and seen St Ayles rowing skiffs in the news recently i was spurred on by the world championships in Ullapool as well to start thinking about trying to start a Campbeltown team/club.

I was wandering if anyone out there would be interested in researching this with me? There is a mid argyll club we can question regarding start up issues like cost, equipment, kit purchase etc.

This is just a thought at the moment but i think could have the potential to be a great community venture for campbeltown/kintyre. Given the seafaring heritage in this area i know there will be folk out there who will be very interestedin helping to see this happen. I will not say too much just now as i want to get a feeling of numbers.

E-mail me at andyholtby@gmail.com i'll post some skiff related links on here soon to give you taste of what it's all about.
goldfire
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: St Ayles skiff club for campbeltown

Postby Bonnie Lass » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:40 am

sounds like a brilliant idea, hope it takes off
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: St Ayles skiff club for campbeltown

Postby goldfire » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:36 am

Bonnie lass. it's a very inclusive thing, from 9-90 year olds. good way to exercise, meet folk, represent the area at competitions. think the basis of it is that you buy a kit and make it yourself, so envolving peolle right from the very "birth" of the skiff as it were...really means you take ownership of the whole thing.
goldfire
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Local Events