Womans Football :)

Do you or your organisation have an event in Kintyre coming up? Then why not post information on ANY local event here? Kintyre Forum members can discuss and keep up to date on the latest information.

Womans Football :)

Postby Mrs.Wummin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:23 pm

C'mon ladies! Campbeltown needs a new womans team! Get fit, have fun and maybe even a great sun tan with this braw weather coming up! Guys are more than welcome to join for a kick about as well! :) Leave your name if your for it, or Pm me. Whatever your comfortable with! You know you want to. ;)
Mrs.Wummin
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Womans Football :)

Postby RMcC » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi Mrs Wummin,
We tried a few times in the last few years to get a ladies football team up and running in the town, at one point we had around 8 or 9 of us attending a kick about each week but it seemed to die away and no one had the time to commit to it.
It was previously discussed in the sports thread.

If someone is willing to commit and take it on then im sure more ladies would be up for it, myself included,

Would be good to be kept up to date,

RMcC
RMcC
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Mrs.Wummin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Hello RMcC! :) I've only had one reply so far! :( But ive got a good few lassies interested from my old school team and such like. Shame it didn't last, i would have went if i had known. Is anyone from your old club still up for it at all? :)
Mrs.Wummin
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby RMcC » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:04 am

Hello,

I'm sure there would be some still up for it, but one of the main reasons why it didnt last was because no one had the time to dedicate to taking it on.

Should maybe try also copying this into the sport section of the forum?

Cheers
RMcC
RMcC
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Any females out there fancy a game of football? Then get yourself down to the 3G Pitch (AWP) on a Sunday from 4 to 5pm for a game. Started last Sunday with good numbers in attendance and girls/ladies of varying ages and a very good standard of play was very good. Most importantly everyone enjoyed themselves and will now meet every Sunday.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Events