City Bus tours

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

City Bus tours

Postby Ags » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:09 am

We were really disappointed to find, while visiting the Manchester area over the last few days to stay with family, that they only run their open top bus city tours from May to September!! Good grief......even Glasgow and Edinburgh run all year round!! Is Manchester just not touristy??
It's such a great way to get your bearings in a city, and even our family who live there were looking forward to coming with us as it's something they wouldn't normally do!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: City Bus tours

Postby westport321 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Its the winter down there Ags its really really bad
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ags » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 pm

I know I can have some seriously blonde moments sometimes westport but believe it or not it's the winter in Glasgow and Edinburgh too :shock: :lol:
We were there (Manchester) on Tuesday, a particularly mild winters day and would have been more than happy on an open top bus!! Instead I enjoyed a glass of wine, in the open air with no patio heater outside the pub which was rebuilt brick by brick on a new site after the 2002 ira bomb. After a trip on the Manchester wheel/london eye type thing I really deserved to be in Selfridges Champagne Bar, which to add insult to injury to us "fearties", you see right in the window of as you go round - 3 times!!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby westport321 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:16 am

Sorry Ags I was just being faecetious(sp) and I love those open top buses for the city tours, great way to get your bearings
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ags » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:32 am

I know you were being facisicious (?) ...I was just a bit stunned that these buses only run may to september!! Manchester City Council obviously haven't cottoned on to the money they are losing out on!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Travel