Majorca-Where?

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Majorca-Where?

Postby Bobh » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Been to Majorca several times years ago (91 being the last). Santa Ponsa and Arenal. Thinking of Alcudia or Porta Pollensa during July next year. Any thoughts or suggestions on resorts and accomadation.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Majorca-Where?

Postby History » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Porta Pollensa has a lovely beach and when we were there it was really quiet. Maybe because it was outside the school holidays. Went self catering but hardly needed the cooker 8) plenty good restaurants. It was May time we were there. Can't remember what year?
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobh » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:00 am

Cheers H, appreciated.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ags » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:38 am

We had a lovely holiday in Majorca 11 years ago (and have a beautiful wee 10 year old to prove it :lol: ).
Didn't stay in Puerta Pollensa but spent a day there and would definitely head that way if we went back! A lovely resort!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby UP THE ROAD » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Friends of mine used to go to Pollensa every year and loved it. I have been in Palma Nova and enjoyed it there as it was handy for everything. A trip to the North to see the Caves of Drach is highly recommended--not been there for years but it used to be nice and quiet with a lovely yachting marina nearby-might have changed so worthwhile checking
UP THE ROAD
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Bobh » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Booked for Alcudia. Heard it's nice with a beautiful beach. Booked really cheap flights from Newcastle and using the savings to go to Viva Tropic hotel/apartments. They look fab. Hiring a car which should save on taxi/transfers etc.

If anyone wants feedback let me know.
Last edited by Bobh on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby linda_j » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 am

We went to Alcudia a few years back and I have to say its one of the friendliest and cleanest places I have been to. The beach is wonderfull and stretches for miles and miles. There is also the old town of Alcudia which is a must to see with the original wall still surranding part of it......We stayed at the Lagomonte Hotel which was lovely.....There is plenty of shops and bars and loads for the kids to do as well.....

Hope you have a lovely time there.....
linda_j
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bobh » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:04 am

Thanks Linda. Will post back after hol.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:07 am

linda_j wrote:We went to Alcudia a few years back and I have to say its one of the friendliest and cleanest places I have been to. The beach is wonderfull and stretches for miles and miles. There is also the old town of Alcudia which is a must to see with the original wall still surranding part of it......We stayed at the Lagomonte Hotel which was lovely.....There is plenty of shops and bars and loads for the kids to do as well.....

Hope you have a lovely time there.....

We stayed at the Lagomonte in Alcudia and had the worst experience ever on holiday. We found the hotel to be a real let down, and filthy to boot. Won't go into the details, but my youngest daughter ended up in hospital for a week. On our return home, I complained to the tour operator, who denied everything and eventually had to take them to arbitration, where I was awarded the total cost of the holiday, less the plane fares, as the arbiter found that getting us there and back was the only part of the "contract" that the operator had honoured.

Alcudia was nice though, great beach, plenty of bars and restaurants, but had such a bad overall that experience I will never go back to Majorca. :x
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Travel