Favourite accommodation in Scotland

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Favourite accommodation in Scotland

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 pm

Where would you recommend?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Favourite accommodation in Scotland

Postby WTC » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:12 pm

My house!!

Sat TV, internet, 'free bar!' car included the list goes on...........................
"Stoneybridge has facilities and.......facilities, So come to Stoneybridge !"
WTC
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Me again!! Who would believe I like my holidays??
The nicest place we have ever stayed in Scotland isn't really that far away....Its Melfort Pier and Harbour self catering accommodation, there are 15 houses/flats all individually designed with all the home comforts....or if you are me, more than the home comforts!! Leather sofas, log fires, underfloor heating, spa baths and saunas, cd player, dvds in all the bedrooms, a balcony or terrace for the nice days and a fridge for the food and a fridge for the wine!! Beautiful little corner of Argyll with a restaurant on site and a restaurant about 5 minutes away if you don't want to cook!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 am

I would recommend Seven Mile Stone beach next to Tangy. Of course if the theft of sand from the beach continues - that may change my mind.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Holiday rental.Grogport cottage.Lovely clean cosy cottage.Well stocked kitchen equipment.Fast flowing burn along side the garden,and direct access to the beach.Happy days! :) Beware German tourists on single track hair-pin bends though. :x
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:18 am

Ags wrote:Me again!! Who would believe I like my holidays??
The nicest place we have ever stayed in Scotland isn't really that far away....Its Melfort Pier and Harbour self catering accommodation, there are 15 houses/flats all individually designed with all the home comforts....or if you are me, more than the home comforts!! Leather sofas, log fires, underfloor heating, spa baths and saunas, cd player, dvds in all the bedrooms, a balcony or terrace for the nice days and a fridge for the food and a fridge for the wine!! Beautiful little corner of Argyll with a restaurant on site and a restaurant about 5 minutes away if you don't want to cook!

Can certainly recommend that restaurant, The Melfort Mermaid.
Excellent spot too.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:23 pm

petewick wrote:Can certainly recommend that restaurant, The Melfort Mermaid.
Excellent spot too.

Its lovely Petewick - so is "Shower of Herring" which is beside the other self catering accommodation just up the road!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Mary G » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:10 am

Though I have not stayed there myself, naturally, friends of mine were effusive about the Saddell properties let my the Landmark Trust: http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/

At the other end of Argyll I can strongly recommend the properties at Lochaline that are part of Ardtornish http://www.ardtornish.co.uk/. I only visited this part of the county - the Morvern peninsula - for the first time around ten years ago. You take the Corran Ferry just south of Fort William, and then it is less than an hour beyond that. Or you can get there via Mull, if you go Oban Craignure, then Fishnish Lochaline. Some of the properties are quite large, so good for extended family get-togethers.
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Ags wrote:Me again!! Who would believe I like my holidays??

Went there on my honeymoon! Even in December it was excellent. Accommodation and location is first class. Restaurants weren't open but as our accommodation had a fully fitted kitchen with all the mod cons I thought it was time for the wife to get some practice at married life! :shock: :D :wink:

Certainly would visit their again.

http://www.mellowmelfort.com/

Actually some excellent self catering accommodation in Kintyre too.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:Went there on my honeymoon! Even in December it was excellent. Accommodation and location is first class. Restaurants weren't open but as our accommodation had a fully fitted kitchen with all the mod cons I thought it was time for the wife to get some practice at married life! :shock: :D :wink:

:roll: MEN !!!:lol:

The restaurant is quite new! We were there Feb 07 and Feb 06 and it must have opened sometime in between! I think they do deliveries to the chalets too if you don't want to go out to eat.
Its a great chill out place in winter! I have been once in the summer for a hen "do" and it was lovely being able to sit out on the balcony in the evening with a small refreshment then jump off the pier into the sea to cure the fuzzy heads in the morning before more fizz in the jaccuzzi bath!! Well so the girls said.....I just opted for the fizz in the jaccuzzi :shock:
Mum and Dad have just been for the first time and loved trying out some of the recommended walks. Their only "complaint" and it's not really a fault was that they had a two storey appartment and the stairs down from the living accommodation to the bedrooms were extremely steep.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Travel