Annual visit

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Annual visit

Postby odds » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:09 pm

So it's that time of year again for my yearly visit. Just a bit of info needed please, I always visit Carradale for a couple of drinks in the Carradale Hotel and a mooch around but have yet to visit Carradale Bay. The reason for this is that I can't figure out the best/nearest place to park, I don't really fancy hiking miles, is there any vehicle access at all to it (legal).
Thanks for any help.

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Annual visit

Postby jdcarra » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:40 am

Hi Pete,
Driving to the Hotel coming through the village at the crossroads take the right turn for Port Righ (signposted), follow the road down and you will come to a gate sign posted Carradale Bay,go through the gate,close behind and follow the track to the next gate,drive through and you have grass parking right on the bay.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.58924 ... 6656?hl=en
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Annual visit

Postby odds » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks for the info JD,
I had seen that gate on Street View but was unsure about access, I wouldn't want to end up getting chased off by an irate landowner for trespassing :) I'll certainly be having a trip out there then next week.

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Travel