Trip to Peru

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Trip to Peru

Postby Elvanim » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

My daughter lives in Peru, where she and her husband have set up their own tourist business www.motherearthtours.com. Next June/July they have planned a bespoke tour for us, but to be feasible they would like a tour group of at least 8-10. At the moment we are only 5, hence we are trying to find some other active, healthy and fit persons who would like to join us.

We will be arriving in Cusco in time for the Festival of Inti Raymi, a festival that is the legacy of the Inca Empire in honour of the Sun God. It is the second most popular party in Latin America after the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. This will be followed by one of the most famous treks in the world, the Inca Trail. The 45 km journey, which combines mountain scenery, subtropical jungle and Inca paving stones, tunnels and ruins, will be walked in 4 days ending with a visit to Machu Picchu
After recuperating from our exertions back at Cusco we will then traverse the Colca Canyon where it’s possible to observe the majestic flight of condors rising with the morning thermals on our way to Puno and the amazing cobalt blue waters of Lake Titicaca. We will take a boat ride to the traditional island of Amantani where we’ll stay with the locals and learn more about their ancestral traditions and daily life.
The journey ends with three days in one of the most biodiverse regions on Earth, as we will explore the Amazon rainforest for macaws, giant otters and other exotic fauna.

If you want to find out more give me a call on 01586551162
Elvanim
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Trip to Peru

Postby Abigail » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:57 am

I read your post and that excite me a lot about your to know what next was onto your way to Peru. I am sure that would be fun and inspiring. So you tell us how was it?
countdown to new year to get the best memories!
Abigail
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Travel