Skiing - looking for company

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Skiing - looking for company

Postby pioter3 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Hello all!!

During last weeks I was wandering about skiing excursion to Glencoe. I am a new person in area. Going there on my own is no fun. Maybe I can find someone with whom I ccould get on a car and drive there to enjoy snow, scenery and sour muscles next day. Anyone interested?
pioter3
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Skiing - looking for company

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:35 pm

pioter3 wrote:Hello all!!

During last weeks I was wandering about skiing excursion to Glencoe. I am a new person in area. Going there on my own is no fun. Maybe I can find someone with whom I ccould get on a car and drive there to enjoy snow, scenery and sour muscles next day. Anyone interested?

Firstly Pioter3, welcome to the forum. 8)

Never tried skiing on Glencoe. Is it any good? Only been up to Aviemore in Scotland. Anyone know what conditions are like just now in the various ranges?

Just trying to keep the thread bumping along. :mrgreen:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi pioter 3

We've not tried Glencoe but heard the snow is great at the moment so I'm sure it will be worth a trip. Shame there isn't a minibus now and again from town going up for even the day, I'm sure you'd get a crowd going for a saturday with good snow conditions. There are bus trips from Glasgow, Edinburgh and some English cities up to Aviemore. I bet there are ski groups in Glencoe you can join in with too.

We go to Aviemore each year and going up in a few weeks for a long weekend to meet friends. I think it will be really busy that weekend with the school break but looking forward to it nonetheless :D

Have fun!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby FieldofStone » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Great idea elainemck, I would definitely be up for that if it were organised. I know many friends would be to.
FieldofStone
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Carmen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:28 pm

There is a website ski.visitscotland.com, but this is not a direct link. It has up to date information and forecast on all the ski centre,.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!