Hello from Karen trying to trace her family tree

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello from Karen trying to trace her family tree

Postby kkellis2005 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:01 am

Hi there, I'm new to the board. Great website, by the way and some of the old photos are wonderful. My Dad, (Daniel(Dan) Scally) was born in Campbeltown and spent his childhood going back and forth between there and Port Glasgow. His family had been there for many generations and looking at what I have, the family seems to have intermarried with half the town.
What I wanted to know was- Are there any Scallys still living in Campbeltown?We are also connected to the McKinvens, McSporrans, McLartys, McLellans, to name but a few.

Thanks, Karen
kkellis2005
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby vk » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:44 am

Welcome on board! :lol:

Certainly know plenty people with those surnames in the area Karen - what era did your father stay in the town? And any immediate family info etc?
vk
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Karen- further info

Postby kkellis2005 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:35 pm

Hi there,

Here's a bit more info. My dad and his sister, Flora were both born in Campbeltown in the mid 30s and left sometime before 1943- baby brother was born in Port Glasgow but I know that while they were growing up they maintained the links with the town. Their grandad,Daniel(known as Donald) was alive until 1947 and their grandma,Agnes, nee McLarty died in 1954. My grandad, James was the only son. There were 5 girls-Margaret(married Archie Graham), Kate(married John Kellock ), Flora( married Archie Graham , Bessie and Agnes.Prior to this there were 4 generations of Scallys who lived in Campbeltown(my great grandfather was one of 11) so I am hoping that maybe there are some of the descendants left.I haven't been able to trace back further than 1800 on the Scally line as the family came from Ireland but marrying into the familywe have McKinvens,McLellans, McCormicks and McSporrans, to name but a few.
kkellis2005
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

SCALLY family from CAMPBELTOWN

Postby JOEMAC » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:42 am

Hello Karen,
I saw your posting on the forum.I have only just joined and was interested to see that you are researching the SCALLY family from Campbeltown.
I have NEIL SCALLY born 19 Jan. 1877 Campbeltown, parents ARCHIBALD SCALLY & FLORA McILCHERE.
He married ANDREWANA McKINVEN on 30 June 1898 at Campbeltown
and they had the following children:-
ANDREW McKINVEN SCALLY b. 31 Dec. 1898 Campbeltown.
MARGARET McCONNACHY SCALLY b. 6 July 1902 Campbeltown.
FLORA McILCHERE SCALLY b. 5 Oct. 1904 Campbeltown
MARY McFARLANE SCALLY b.?
All of these children are my 3rd. cousins
I tried to contact you on the e-mail link with your posting but it was bounced back to me.I would be interested to hear from you to see if our SCALLY families are connected.
KIndest regards,
JOEMAC
JOEMAC
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Scally relatives

Postby kkellis2005 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:42 am

Hi Jo, Good morning to you from a very snowy Switzerland.(This is our first heavy fall of the season). We are indeed related.Archibald Scally was my gg grandfather's(Neil) younger brother.Neil(Archibald's son) was one of 15 children.I have been in contact with descendants of 4 others. Contact me off board at karen.ellis@ellis-and-ellis.ch and I'll pass on the information I have. I've just noticed that the reason the previous message bounced back was that there was a letter missing from the address.

Best wishes, Karen.
kkellis2005
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby David » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:50 pm

Hi Karen & Joe

Ive spoke to you both recently about the above.Just for all the others I am descended from a few Kintyre Family's mainly Langs ot Loynachans , Reids , McIlchere , Scallys , McFarlanes, McCormick/McCarmaigs , McPhersons in Southend and many more.

If anyone has any info ir wants information on my relatives just contact me

David Lang
David
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Stewart and Lang/Lonegan's

Postby scooby228 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 am

Hi David,

My husband is the great grandson of Mary Lang who married Archibald Stewart and migrated to Western Australia in 1926 on the Berrima are you able to help me out with any information of these family connections.

Regards
scooby228
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!